Let's Go Broncos!

jimjimbo

Andrew Luck out 2-6 weeks with a lacerated kidney and a torn abdominal muscle. I thought he took a huge hit at the goal line…he looked dazed.

Wow, I didn't hear that!  That's awful, I really like Luck.

Out for 6 weeks?  For a torn abdominal muscle?  There is no way he comes back that fast from a torn muscle, especially that one.  The abs are what connect the legs to the arms for throwing.

very sad news...and i suspect the death knell for the Colts. 

They'll make the playoffs.  They have the best back up QB in the NFL and are in the worst division.

Who is the backup?

Edit:  I just saw on ESPN.com, Matt Hasselbeck.  No doubt he's a good QB, he's also the oldest player in the NFL. 

Even with Luck in, the Colts just look like a mess this year.  No offensive line, the D has been terrible.  I also think they will win the division, but they just might win it with a losing record.

Edited by wvu80

very sad news...and i suspect the death knell for the Colts. 

They'll make the playoffs.  They have the best back up QB in the NFL and are in the worst division.

Who is the backup?

Edit:  I just saw on ESPN.com, Matt Hasselbeck.  No doubt he's a good QB, he's also the oldest player in the NFL. 

Even with Luck in, the Colts just look like a mess this year.  No offensive line, the D has been terrible.  I also think they will win the division, but they just might win it with a losing record.

Matt Hasselbach I believe.  Problem is they have a horrible O-Line and not a good run game either.  Luck was everything for them...

• Like 1

(Patriots/Giants) This "catch/not a catch" thing in the NFL (today in the end zone) is about to ruin the game for me. It used to be possession + two feet in bounds in the end zone = TD. When I hear the official in the box say he didn't have it "long enough", with two feet down, I'm losing interest. Not a giant or pat fan, that's a catch. These guys will be blowing each other up in the end zone claiming he may not have had it long enough. Why not? Glad for MN today - they showed up strong.

KC kicking the crap out of Denver right now, 22-0. Manning benched after throwing 4 interceptions! He did manage to break the yardage record. What's up with the Broncos?

My local channels carried Steelers/Browns and GB/Detroit, I watched P-burgh, I haven't seen any other game highlights but I saw one commentator say that Manning can't throw the deep ball right now and enemy teams aren't even defending it.

I've got to believe Manning has some physical problem, probably arm or rotator cuff  that hasn't made the news yet.

KC kicking the crap out of Denver right now, 22-0. Manning benched after throwing 4 interceptions! He did manage to break the yardage record. What's up with the Broncos?

My local channels carried Steelers/Browns and GB/Detroit, I watched P-burgh, I haven't seen any other game highlights but I saw one commentator say that Manning can't throw the deep ball right now and enemy teams aren't even defending it.

I've got to believe Manning has some physical problem, probably arm or rotator cuff  that hasn't made the news yet.

Yes he has the same physical problem as all of us - he is getting old. No doubt Payton will go down as one of the great ones and rightfully so. But the guy is 39 with 18 years in the League, 4 years of college ball, high school etc. He needs to go out while he can still function. For is own good this needs to be his last hurray. He has nothing else to prove and no reason to hang his head. Walk away while you still can - walk.

Yes he has the same physical problem as all of us - he is getting old. No doubt Payton will go down as one of the great ones and rightfully so. But the guy is 39 with 18 years in the League, 4 years of college ball, high school etc. He needs to go out while he can still function. For is own good this needs to be his last hurray. He has nothing else to prove and no reason to hang his head. Walk away while you still can - walk.

You can add the years his Dad got him and his brothers up at 4am to practice at the high school field, he started around 5 years old!