Let's Go Broncos!

jimjimbo

As best I recall, Bengals have never beat Manning. Though I don't think they've EVER beaten him (other than pre-season), I'm only aware of them playing him while at Indy. That said, they've been slaying some skeletons in their closet this year. How cool would it be for them to meet on Dec 28, both teams undefeated.... as the Bengals wipe out another skeleton in their closet and beat him.

Realize I've followed his career and rooted for him since he went to UT here in K-town. So I've got a lot of respect & admiration for him.....but.... I was born/raised outside of Cincinnati.... University of Tennessee has orange blood.... and so do I.

Meaning, Go Bengals!

Booooooooo Payton on Dec 28, (please go undefeated until then)

Yeah but he's still not Favre. 

Meaning? :unsure:

I am a huge Favre fan as well as a Manning fan.  Two different styles to say the least. Though the commonality is that both are about as durable as any quarterback has ever been.  Both are fun to watch but for different reasons.  Favre a gunslinger with a high risk-high reward mentality.  Manning a methodical genius with the discipline and leadership of a general during war time.

Even though Favre's arm strength faded a tiny bit in his last couple of seasons, by the time he retired he could still throw harder than all but a handful of QB's in the league.  His demise was that time and some good beatings kept him from being anything but consistent except for 2009 when he had a 33/7(TD/Int) ratio and a 107.2 passer rating, both best of his career.

Manning never had the rocket arm to thread needles but his quick release, vision, and low sack rate has kept him from missing any starts(except for all of 2011) in his career.  I don't think his QB skills have faded much but this new offense has sure put a kink in the chain.  Hopefully this last Sunday night against GB is an indication that his timing has improved and he has made adjustments to excel in this new Kubiak system.

Oh, they have a tight end again. :D

Go Broncos.

Bill

Good point. Manning is a timing QB. He has the ability to place that ball where only his receiver can catch it. His pre game practice is fun to watch….and I'll be watching him tomorrow! I hope the Colts can make a game of it, they fired their offensive coordinator this week. 

As best I recall, Bengals have never beat Manning. Though I don't think they've EVER beaten him (other than pre-season), I'm only aware of them playing him while at Indy. That said, they've been slaying some skeletons in their closet this year. How cool would it be for them to meet on Dec 28, both teams undefeated.... as the Bengals wipe out another skeleton in their closet and beat him.

Realize I've followed his career and rooted for him since he went to UT here in K-town. So I've got a lot of respect & admiration for him.....but.... I was born/raised outside of Cincinnati.... University of Tennessee has orange blood.... and so do I.

Meaning, Go Bengals!

Booooooooo Payton on Dec 28, (please go undefeated until then)

Neither team will be undefeated on December 28th :D

I hope the Colts can make a game of it,

Manning is going to smoke the Colts, big time. 

Probably….if the Colts can play like they do in the 4th quarter, they can make a game of it. But giving everyone a 21 point lead, that's hard to overcome, especially a good team. It will be interesting to see the crowd's response to Manning. I'm sure it will be a warm welcome, he's still liked around here. They call their stadium the house Manning built.

Andrew Luck called Manning a stud!

Bronco's offense scored 24, a solid offensive performance in the NFL.  Andrew Luck decided to quit throwing INT's and fumbling the ball, and guess what, they won!

My wife doesn't like football, but she likes Peyton Manning!

+++

Good Monday Night Football game coming up!  The 2-5 Bears at the 2-6 Chargers.  Woo hoo.

Are you ready for some football?

Edited by wvu80

My wife doesn't like football, but she likes Peyton Manning!

Does she prefer him with skinny legs or normal?

She like his singing!  It makes her laugh. :lol:

Na-tion-wide-is-on-your-side

Edited by wvu80

I hope the Colts can make a game of it,

Manning is going to smoke the Colts, big time. 

LOL.

My favorite game of the weekend was the Cowgirls OT loss.  The refs made a game of it though on the girls last field goal possession.  You'd think they got paid by the flag.