$125 La Scala - Oh Geeze! What have I got myself into now?

Matthews

What have you done Mookie?

It looks like some great work

Mark

I sanded my little guts out. Sand, glue, sand, bondo, sand, sand a little more. I put Duratex on the outside of the cabinets, but I sprayed the inside because I just could not for the life of me figure out how to roll the duratex in there and have it look half way decent. I just added a little silica to some matt latex and sprayed. Now I get to do what I have been waiting for and hook all of the drivers up and stand back. I have spares on almost everything so should be ok. I still might trim these out with 3/4" aluminum angle, but my goal is to get them working first.

• Like 1

I just added a little silica to some matt latex and sprayed.

They make sprayable Duratex also.

yeah, but I am trying to do this on a shoestring budget and I had the other paint just sitting there begging to be used. Turned out OK.

post-60988-0-52460000-1447170269_thumb.j

Edited by MookieStl
  • Like 1

LOL!  Well, you can't be in love with two women at the same time, and I see a nice looking pair just behind those La Scalas. 

Since you just went through a labor of love, if you aren't going to keep the LS's I would be tempted to give them a really nice cleanup and get all the drivers working.  Then see if you can flip them to recover the cost of the Chorus boxes you just had built, or to supercharge the Chorus networks.

I disagree, for the last 3.5 years of the 5.5 years my wife and I dated, I had another girlfriend. They both knew about each other and I even got the three of us together ;)

The main reason I chose my wife in the end was that the other woman would not let me discipline her children and I was not going to be supporting her kids with no say in the bullshit they pulled! :)

By the way, the one I kicked to the curb was absolutely better looking and by far the better lay... :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 2

Ummmm....... I just read Roger's post and forgot what I was going to post!

Oh yeah, got the La Scalas put back together and everything is working great!! Still need to tweak a few things but all operational and sound great!

post-60988-0-90460000-1447202421_thumb.j

Edited by MookieStl
  • Like 3

LOL!  Well, you can't be in love with two women at the same time, and I see a nice looking pair just behind those La Scalas. 

Since you just went through a labor of love, if you aren't going to keep the LS's I would be tempted to give them a really nice cleanup and get all the drivers working.  Then see if you can flip them to recover the cost of the Chorus boxes you just had built, or to supercharge the Chorus networks.

I disagree, for the last 3.5 years of the 5.5 years my wife and I dated, I had another girlfriend. They both knew about each other and I even got the three of us together ;)

The main reason I chose my wife in the end was that the other woman would not let me discipline her children and I was not going to be supporting her kids with no say in the bullshit they pulled! :)

By the way, the one I kicked to the curb was absolutely better looking and by far the better lay... :)

Roger

I hit the like button only because there isnt a LOVE button!

Mods, can we get a love button for these instances please?

Mark

• Like 2

Roger, what was your wife's email address again? I have a quote I'd like to send.

He got them all together, I'm sure his wife knows the other one was a better lay, they were intertwined

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996
  • Like 1

Roger, what was your wife's email address again? I have a quote I'd like to send.

rgordon@watchtv.net

I aint skeered! I wear the pants! :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

Roger,

I don't worry as much about who is wearing the pants as I do who is not wearing pants and why. Your comments would not help my cause. The better lay thing might encourage more effort and pay dividends. The absolutely better looking part would serve no useful purpose in the little world I live in. :)

As for my speakers, I am using the AB cross over and they sound just great (enough). The AL's have been sent to a good home so I wont get to burn them. :(  I figure if I do anything with the x overs, I will do it up right (eventually) I am really getting a kick out of these speakers. I have them hooked up in the plant and everyone has gotten to hear them (whether they wanted to or not) and are very impressed with them.

Mike

• Like 3