College Football Payoff predictions

DizRotus

Carl,

I agree with you, I think.  I inferred that you implied that it is naive to think that walk-on no-names receive the same discipline as the Johnny Manziels, Jameis Winstons, et al of the world.  Obviously, not all talented athletes are discipline problems; some are exemplary individuals.  Conversely, not all discipline problems are talented athletes.  From Little League to the pros, too many talented athletes are given "chances" they don't deserve and that are unavailable to mere mortals.

Even before the three Clemson players were sent home, I had Oklahoma winning, so now have them winning even more.  Then I'll go with the Crimson Tide.

In a worthy championship game, Oklahoma returns to its glory years and redeems the Big 12's otherwise mediocre bowl finishes this season, 31-24.

Edited by wvu80

Jim, if I win you buy me steak.  If you win I'll take you out to a nice McDonalds.  :)

So you had it opposite?  What is your thinking?

OK has a better offense, but Bama can shut down anybody.  OTOH OK's defense is, well, OK, but I'm thinking Bama's offense will be able to run the ball on the Sooners but not pass for big yards. 

Bama puts up 30 points on just about everybody, but in the last 4 games OK is averaging 40-50 points a game.  I'm going for Offense to beat Defense.

+++

Edit:  Plus I'm a Big 12 homer.  :D

Edited by wvu80

Even before the three Clemson players were sent home, I had Oklahoma winning, so now have them winning even more.  Then I'll go with the Crimson Tide.

In a worthy championship game, Oklahoma returns to its glory years and redeems the Big 12's otherwise mediocre bowl finishes this season, 31-24.

I understand that you predict Oklahoma  will defeat Alabama in the championship game.  Is the 31-24 score for that game or today's game between Oklahoma and Clemson?

My prediction is that Alabama will beat Oklahoma 31-24.  Saban just has too much experience in these games, not to mention he's no doubt ticked off over last year, so I see Bama's defense coming up with a couple of turnovers to win the game.  But then, I could be wrong.....

4pm and 8pm EST

We'll be home tonight.  My daughter and son-in-law are big college football fans (and are visiting) so we may have the games showing.  There's really not much worth watching anyways on NYE so this will be something good to have on.  The first one will start before I get home from work if those are the times.

I understand that you predict Oklahoma  will defeat Alabama in the championship game.  Is the 31-24 score for that game or today's game between Oklahoma and Clemson?

Oklahoma and Alabama, championship game, OK winning 31-24.

Today at 4:00 OK will put mid 30's on the board and hold short staffed Clemson to 20's, so let's say 35-20 in favor of OK.  It would not surprise me to see OK get into the 40 point range.

Mich State could certainly win over Bama in the 8pm game.  MS is not a surprise any more, they are a solid championship contending team.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Mich State could certainly win over Bama in the 8pm game.  MS is not a surprise any more, they are a solid championship contending team.

MS is a disease.  MSU is a school. :-)

• Like 3