College Football Payoff predictions

DizRotus

MSU karma story.

The weekend that Mark Dantonio was named head coach at MSU, my wife and I and our younger son were traveling to Columbia, South Carolina to attend our older son's graduation from Army basic training at Fort Jackson.

Whenever we're in a college town, I make a point of checking out the campus. We saw the home of the Gamecocks. Mark Dantonio played college ball at South Carolina.

On the way home we stopped in Zanesville, Ohio so the wife could check out a pottery place. Mark Dantonio is from Zanesville.

As we made our way back to Michigan, we monitored the news about the new coach. It gradually dawned on me that we had met Mark Dantonio. Probably 1995 or 96, we were on the MSU campus during the summer. We were showing our young boys the football facilities, everything was quiet and doors were locked. Out of nowhere a voice asked if he could help us. We were given a personal tour of the facilities. A few guys were in the weight room, the locker room was empty. Our sons were thrilled. We thanked our host and left.

Mark Dantonio was Nick Saban's secondary coach at the time. He was our guide. The courtesy he extended to our boys was very much appreciated. I wrote to Nick Saban to tell him what a class guy he had working for him.

By the time we got back to Michigan we were convinced that Tom Izzo and the rest of the search committee had hired the perfect person to coach the football team. Time has borne out the wisdom of that choice.

Edited by DizRotus

I hope MSU wins all its final games, especially their last one

Respectfully....not gonna happen.  I predict Alabama by 10.

My only regret for the upcoming college bowl season is that the two teams I dislike the most, ND and OSU are playing each other...so one of them has to win..... 

• Like 1

MSU 42

Baylor 41

OSU 42

Alabama 35

OSU 42

Oregon 20

La Tech 35

Illinois 18

Rutgers 40

NC 21

PSU 31

BC 30

USC 45

Nebraska 42

Stanford 45

Maryland 21

Wisconsin 34

Auburn 31

Missouri 33

Minnesota 17

Tennessee 45

Iowa 28

Edited by DizRotus

Well, actually he did, but unfortunately he played most of his games in the Pacific time zone, and not many of the old fart Heisman voters could stay up late enough to watch him play.  Did you see what he did in the Pac-12 Championship game?  And then watch his interview afterwards.  Superb young man.