College Football Payoff predictions

DizRotus

I'm exhausted,

Now  I predict:

1. Clemson;
  2. Alabama;
  3. Oklahoma; and
  4. Michigan State.

I would rather have Michigan State play Clemson than Alabama or Oklahoma on New Year's Eve in round 1 of the CFP.

I was wrong about MSU's and Oklahoma's spots.  I would still prefer that MSU play Clemson rather than Alabama, but you must beat your opponent, whoever they may be.

Mark Dantonio will have plenty of material in the next weeks to support a chip on Sparty's shoulder.  The Connor Cook who plays on New Year's Eve will not be the wounded QB who played yesterday.

Edited by DizRotus

The Connor Cook who plays on New Year's Eve will not be the wounded QB who played yesterday.

Injuries are a part of football. I certainly hope Mich St is at its best on New Year's Eve. 

Any of these 4 teams can beat the others as Saban eluded to. The match ups seem to favor Alabama. Right now Mich St is about a 9 point dog. Surprisingly Clemson is a 2.5 pt dog to Ok. Lots of good football to come.  

I agree that the matchups seem to favor Alabama.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  

It was distressing yesterday when Lee Corso put on the Sparty headgear.  MSU was part of College Game Day 4 times this season; 3 times Corso picked against the Spartans.Three times he was wrong.

Spartans were in the Final Four in basketball last season.  They're in the final four in football this year.  Izzo's team is ranked #3 today and will be ranked #1 on Monday.  Sparty thrives on being the underdog, but it's getting hard to keep that chip on the shoulder.

If you're ever in East Lansing, go to Moo U's Dairy Store.  The ice cream is fabulous.  

The milk in the Sparty glass was to provide contrast.  I did not drink it.  Besides, it was past it's date.  Now that we're empty nesters, it's rare when we can get through a gallon of milk before it gets aromatic.

post-6832-0-24460000-1449426015_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus

I don't know why they let Lee Corso still talk on TV. I guess he is Herbstreet's daddy.

No doubt I could make myself at home at Moo U's Diary Store. I like all things dairy and it shows.

I cringe when Corso opens his mouth.  I feel sorry for him, as I did for Lou Holtz before he was put out of our misery.

I don't know why they let Lee Corso still talk on TV. I guess he is Herbstreet's daddy.

No doubt I could make myself at home at Moo U's Diary Store. I like all things dairy and it shows.

I cringe when Corso opens his mouth.  I feel sorry for him, as I did for Lou Holtz before he was put out of our misery.

I think Corso is a better commentator than he was a coach, I know that's not saying much. He specialized in the 3rd down secret quick-punt play.

• Like 1

I just noticed the thread title says "payoff" predictions. That's funny.

Oops.  Freudian slip.  Corrected now.

Oh my freakin' gosh!  Are you crazy???  CHANGE IT BACK!  CHANGE IT BACK NOW!!!

I'm not kidding, it's what gave this thread some character!  FB Payoff was a CLASSIC thread because of that spelling!  :D

+++

I'm flagging your post, and I hope I can convince a moderator to change it back to what it was.

And if a mod doesn't have the courage to right this obvious wrong, I'm emailing Chad's boss.

+++

Edit:  Steelers vs Colts tonight:  Here's what it looks like Dizrotus, you, changing the name of this thread:

(you have to click on the Youtube link, as the NFL doesn't want this played back on the Klipsch site)   :angry:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRsuW39ZnQ8

Edited by wvu80