College Football Payoff predictions

DizRotus

What's up with games being decided by crap officiating?  That last Nebraska TD?????????  I'm not a Michigan State guy but these aren't obscure, easily missed calls. 

I have to agree with that, there was a call a couple weeks ago that had the commentators puzzled along with everyone else.  I don't feel that it wasn't so much that Michigan state didn't play well maybe they didn't(I don't have espn so I could only listen time to time).  But this was one of those games that Mike Riley is known to show up for and help his team win.  I feel Nebraska has great potential, they just need the right guidance. 

• Like 1

duder1982-

I replied regarding our "gentlemen's wager" in post #12,814 of the "Cable, Coffee and Cocktails" thread.  So as not to clog the forum with a redundant post, please check the other thread and send me a PM if you want the "goop."

I don't have espn . . . .

No ESPN? What's with that, part of a sentence or something? :-)
Cox cable doesn't offer it along with btn on there lowest package. Those are the only two channels they remove from basic cable. I am working on a solution.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This makes two years in a row for Ole Miss nearly in the SEC championship game. Keep working at it guys. Maybe one day.

Reminds me of an old song.

'To dream the impossible dream

To fight the unbeatable foe...'

My understanding of the rule is that the Nebraska receiver was ineligible once he went out of bounds, weather he was forced or not so it appeared to be a simple call that was missed. 

If a player is forced out, he is not penalized.  The second part is once the player has stepped out on his own, he must re-establish himself in bounds with one foot.  The player in question stepped in bounds legally with 3 steps, then caught the ball.

In either scenario, the referees called the play correctly, then after the facts were confirmed, they applied the rule correctly.

• Like 1

My understanding of the rule is that the Nebraska receiver was ineligible once he went out of bounds, weather he was forced or not so it appeared to be a simple call that was missed. 

If a player is forced out, he is not penalized.  The second part is once the player has stepped out on his own, he must re-establish himself in bounds with one foot.  The player in question stepped in bounds legally with 3 steps, then caught the ball.

In either scenario, the referees called the play correctly, then after the facts were confirmed, they applied the rule correctly.

Just curious where does one go to get this knowledge? Why don't communicators and sports reporters know this kind of info or understand it for that matter?  Its posted all over the net, "Missed call caused Michigan State  a chance for the play offs"

Edited by duder1982

Cardel Jones had a great 3 game win streak last year.  JT Barret should have been the QB but, Jones won the national title game for the Bucks.  He will be ready next year.  Is Clemson really the best team in the Nation finishing up this season, time will tell.