Is this a 1st?

ZEUS121996

I don't think it was ever meant to offend...in what I was stating. I was drawing a direct relation between the repeat offenders of this horrible rash of attacks by a particular group. Let's call them Ohio Grassmen.

If we as a nation refuse to accept that these people exist it and fail to recognize them or take them at their word, it really won't matter much that we are afraid to hurt their feelings and in the end that will be cause for our own demise. I feel that there are plenty of views shared by the Grassmen in milder form that are well able to stand up and speak out about bad Grassmen but fail to do so.

No offense meant to any Grassmen in the forum...

Why do you keep sayimg "OHIO" Grassmen...... I think there are more Grassmen in Detroit than the entire state of Ohio?

Is this some kind of a smear campaign?

Roger

• Moderators

I don't think it was ever meant to offend...in what I was stating. I was drawing a direct relation between the repeat offenders of this horrible rash of attacks by a particular group. Let's call them Ohio Grassmen.

If we as a nation refuse to accept that these people exist it and fail to recognize them or take them at their word, it really won't matter much that we are afraid to hurt their feelings and in the end that will be cause for our own demise. I feel that there are plenty of views shared by the Grassmen in milder form that are well able to stand up and speak out about bad Grassmen but fail to do so.

Whether something is offensive isn't the issue, or whether it should or shouldnt be considered offensive.

The issue is whether people can discuss a tragedy on here without bringing in race, religion, or politics. I dont think they can.

Why do you keep sayimg "OHIO" Grassmen...... I think there are more Grassmen in Detroit than the entire state of Ohio?

Is this some kind of a smear campaign?

Roger

Sorry for confusing anyone. I am referring to the paranormal Ohio Grassmen" that appear and disappear at dusk in the woods of Ohio. No actual relation to anyone, group, race or religion. I threw it out there into the forumsphere as I was being coaxed to reveal what "group" I was referring to early on.

• Like 1

Would anyone be willing to explain what it is about political correctness that raises so many hackles?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Some people just don't want to hear the truth, so they become "offended" and challenge their "offender". Those who attempt to impose their will on me in this manner will find out how little I care about PC, or about "offending" them.

You want to be free to offend others with no reproach? Is that about it?

No, here's a recent example of what I mean; I introduced myself to a girl, "Alice", who took the time to inform me, right after she told me her name, "and I'm a vegan", to which I asked if that was a city or a country. She replied that it meant she loved animals and would not eat any animal. I said that my diet included seafood and poultry, to which she said, "Eating any animal is wrong"  so I said, "Gee, Alice, I sure am glad to know that. I was concerned you might be a cannibal and I am soooooo glad I don't have that to worry about", delivered in a mocking tone of voice.

You know, I don't believe I have ever introduced myself saying, "I'm Don and I eat meat". SJWs can be kinda weird sometimes.

• Like 1

Would anyone be willing to explain what it is about political correctness that raises so many hackles?

Some people just don't want to hear the truth, so they become "offended" and challenge their "offender". Those who attempt to impose their will on me in this manner will find out how little I care about PC, or about "offending" them.

No, here's a recent example of what I mean; I introduced myself to a girl, "Alice", who took the time to inform me, right after she told me her name, "and I'm a vegan", to which I asked if that was a city or a country. She replied that it meant she loved animals and would not eat any animal. I said that my diet included seafood and poultry, to which she said, "Eating any animal is wrong" so I said, "Gee, Alice, I sure am glad to know that. I was concerned you might be a cannibal and I am soooooo glad I don't have that to worry about", delivered in a mocking tone of voice.

You know, I don't believe I have ever introduced myself saying, "I'm Don and I eat meat". SJWs can be kinda weird sometimes.

That's the big complaint you have? That's what is sinking the USA? You're outraged that some one introduces themselves as a vegan? I'm flabbergasted. That concerned you enough to type it out?

Edited by jo56steph74

By turning a blind eye to the violence and hateful rhetoric of certain....um....(not groups).... this problem won't go away any time soon. If you cannot name your enemy and cannot face them, you cannot defeat them.

At first I thought you were obtuse, but you are simply transparent.

It must really suck having that great document, the Constitution, in your way all the time.

I have an idea, lets do what we did after Peral Harbor and grab people on this country that look like our "enemy" and round them up and put them in camps.

I think you are on to something here.

I love your Jonathan Swift imitation. 

I remember when (in the late '60s) "politically correct" was a gentle joke of the New Left on ourselves -- we wanted to respect what  people wanted to be called, and not offend, but we humorously called our careful self-monitoring "politically correct."  This applied to what every group or individual was called, including mine -- people soon started calling us Euro-Americans.  I believe that the worm turned some 20 years later during the 1988 campaign when  people started using "politically correct" as a negative, right along with criticizing people for being "card carrying members of the ACLU." 

• Like 1

No, here's a recent example of what I mean; I introduced myself to a girl, "Alice", who took the time to inform me, right after she told me her name, "and I'm a vegan", to which I asked if that was a city or a country. She replied that it meant she loved animals and would not eat any animal. I said that my diet included seafood and poultry, to which she said, "Eating any animal is wrong" so I said, "Gee, Alice, I sure am glad to know that. I was concerned you might be a cannibal and I am soooooo glad I don't have that to worry about", delivered in a mocking tone of voice.

That's the big complaint you have? That's what is sinking the USA? You're outraged that some one introduces themselves as a vegan? I'm flabbergasted. That concerned you enough to type it out?

Why do you think I wrote all that stuff if I didn't mean it? Are you obtuse?

I'm flabbergasted

So what? Sounds like a personal problem to me.

By the way, all of the back and forth aside, political correctness IS ruining this country. Now please do not misconstrue my words.....not saying this forum is PC. The US and Canada are so over the top PC that they cannot even uphold their own laws. Afraid to hurt feelings or something like that.....which in turn will be their greatest downfall.

That's what piqued my interest. How could PC be the downfall of the country, I wondered?

Turns out people get butt hurt because of how others want to be identified. Yeah, wow, shocking, horrendously dangerous, an unbelievable national threat to existence! They don't like being called retarded! She wants to be introduced as a vegan! Run for cover! The sky is falling!

wow

Turns out people get butt hurt because of how others want to be identified. Yeah, wow, shocking, horrendously dangerous, an unbelievable national threat to existence! They don't like being called retarded! She wants to be introduced as a vegan! Run for cover! The sky is falling!

Still flabbergasting, I see.

No.  I remember being at a high school assembly in the seventies when the student speaker stridently told us that retarded was somehow not a description, but a slur.  BS I cried and have been anti PC ever since.

Did the student speaker specifically use them "politically correct?" 

"Retarded" is pretty close to the meaning of the PC "developmentally delayed."  The only problem with "retarded" is that it has been used as an insult (often aimed at people who were not developmentally delayed).

Edited by garyrc