Black Friday carnage 2015

wvu80

No way, that's just crazy, I wouldn't get in that crowd if everything was free.

Your right dtel.....I couldn't have said better....

My wife does all the shopping for Christmas.....she has for years now......

Every year she sits in her office and orders eveything on line..... 3 to 4 weeks before Christmas the UPS and Fed-x trucks bring the goodies to the shop....

Over the last few years we have cut down on the spending of money....we get a few things for the grandkids........

I really dislike what "Christmas" has turned into......just look at the video!!!

MKP :-)

I see primarily poor people. Not people who have, $20,000 HT and stereo rigs. I get a kick out of the judgment. Emoticon-654

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Okay, so you're saying that kind of reaction is acceptable if you make little enough money...
The American economy consists of 70% consumer spending. The economy must grow each year just to prevent a collapse. The public must therefore buy MORE STUFF this year than last, and more stuff next year than this one.

Considering that it gets harder each year to get people to continue on that upsurging consumption path, scuffles are leading economic indicators.

You think the people standing in line are thinking that? "Out of my way, idiots! We have to buy more than we did last year, or the economy will tank!"

Loll. No. They are reacting to the applied stimulus of the sellers who must turn in higher comps each quarter. As they get more desperate, the stimuli are raised and raised until they get the desired response. Marketing 101.

• Like 1

I see primarily poor people. Not people who have, $20,000 HT and stereo rigs. I get a kick out of the judgment. Emoticon-654

Okay, so you're saying that kind of reaction is acceptable if you make little enough money...
The American economy consists of 70% consumer spending. The economy must grow each year just to prevent a collapse. The public must therefore buy MORE STUFF this year than last, and more stuff next year than this one.

Considering that it gets harder each year to get people to continue on that upsurging consumption path, scuffles are leading economic indicators.

You think the people standing in line are thinking that? "Out of my way, idiots! We have to buy more than we did last year, or the economy will tank!"

Loll. No. They are reacting to the applied stimulus of the sellers who must turn in higher comps each quarter. As they get more desperate, the stimuli are raised and raised until they get the desired response. Marketing 101.

Its just a Hooligans Holiday. Its just what America needs is another day for people to think that they can act like idiots fighting, spitting on items with hope of a wrestle free claim to it, dog piling on flatscreens, yeah this is normal.  Its total chaos.  This is really horrible and  its very sad that its what "Christmas" has come to.  There is no decency anymore, no care for the person next to you whether they're  6 years old or 60. its looking like just a few more years and most people with "something to lose" will be too scared to venture out on Black Friday.  

When you can't take your family safely shopping for others in your family on Black Friday, something is really wrong.  

If someone stacked up new and vintage Klipsch speakers and speaker wire elevators then advertised them 'ON SALE' date and time you'd see 1/2 the members here doing the same thing the people in the video are doing. Then the people in the video would be watching the 'Klipsch Vintage Sale Video' and saying who the hell needs an audio setup, or two, in every room in the house.

Keith

• Like 2

Chaos can be blamed squarely on the retail stores NOT having an orderly process for item distribution.  It starts with an orderly pre-sale line up, vouchers given out for "hot" items, and NO buyer possession prior to being paid in full.  These types of systems have been implemented in experienced retailers for the safety of the staff as well as the customers.  Not having those systems in place results in the chaos or riot like behavior shown in those videos.  

One could surely argue that the lack of such implementation was purposely done to crate the frenzy shown.

I guess cyber Monday set a record, and might mean the end of Black Friday eventually. Even the lower end of the market have cell phones from which they can buy junk on Cyber Monday.

I contributed to that record.  I picked up a cordless power tool combo at Lowes and got an extra 5% off for cyber Monday, a total of 25% off the retail price, the extra 5% representing an amazing savings of 7 dollars and 83 cents.  :)

Of course I could have bought it from Amazon a month ago for the same 25% off, but I would not have gotten the extra 5% off I got for using my Lowes credit card.  So I bought on-line through Lowes.

Add back in the local sales tax and I think I paid exactly what it would have cost in the first place from Amazon a month ago.  The only big advantage I got was now the tools can be returned directly to a local Lowes for warranty (3 years tool, 2 years battery) and I won't have to deal with shipping back to Amazon.

I would declare it a wash financially, with local convenience if there's a warranty issue.

885911417105lg.jpg

Edited by wvu80

Free shipping

Nearly every company features free shipping. How? I think the shippers are giving massive discount to volume shippers like Amazon and W mart, and then making it up by greatly raising prices on consumers. A box I shipped a couple years ago for $25, now costs about $58, to the same address across the country. Some could be normal price increase, but I think we are subsidizing Amazon.

Free shipping

Nearly every company features free shipping. How? I think the shippers are giving massive discount to volume shippers like Amazon and W mart, and then making it up by greatly raising prices on consumers. A box I shipped a couple years ago for $25, now costs about $58, to the same address across the country. Some could be normal price increase, but I think we are subsidizing Amazon.

You should see the freight situation. I don't get a very big discount comparatively but it's still 82% cheaper than retail. No, really.

It's funny how much money you can save by buying things.  The more you buy, the more you save.

Yeah Jeff, that's friggin' hilarious, we're going broke with all the money we've saved.  Kohl's, by offering 25-30% off every week, owns my wife.   :wacko:

Edited by wvu80

I don't really think it has a thing to do with being poor.

No? I've seen many of these clips over many Black Fridays, and I've never seen any rich dames flopping around on the floor at Saks or Nordies. Just my experience.

What do poor people look like? Just from this one video here in Kentucky below you can see one guy in blue with designer skinny jeans, a collared polo shirt, and $150 kicks. He is fit and obviously takes care of himself. What can you deduct from his income based on that?

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters