Black Friday carnage 2015

wvu80

I see primarily poor people. Not people who have, $20,000 HT and stereo rigs. I get a kick out of the judgment. Emoticon-654

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Okay, so you're saying that kind of reaction is acceptable if you make little enough money...

I see primarily poor people. Not people who have, $20,000 HT and stereo rigs. I get a kick out of the judgment. Emoticon-654

Okay, so you're saying that kind of reaction is acceptable if you make little enough money...

The fun is in picking the unpopular side of the argument.   ;)

• Like 1

The American economy consists of 70% consumer spending. The economy must grow each year just to prevent a collapse. The public must therefore buy MORE STUFF this year than last, and more stuff next year than this one.

Considering that it gets harder each year to get people to continue on that upsurging consumption path, scuffles are leading economic indicators.

Moronic!  Why in the world would you do this, even if you could possibly save $500 on a darn T.V. ?  If $500 is the difference between you paying your bills or buying an item, you're an idiot for being in that mess in the first place.  I purchase things when I need them or want them and getting a fair deal, which can vary greatly on how large the "need" is.  If $50, $100, $500, or even $1,000 is worth your dignity, safety and sanity, have at it, but lets call stupid, what it is.

I will have to disagree a bit here while I certainly dont agree with the actions in the video and find it sickening how people will act out of greed.  Some folks do have things happen that are beyond there control and the fact that they dont have the extra 500.00 does not make them an idiot.

Now I will agree putting ones self in a situation like pictured is quite ignorant.

The American economy consists of 70% consumer spending. The economy must grow each year just to prevent a collapse. The public must therefore buy MORE STUFF this year than last, and more stuff next year than this one.

Considering that it gets harder each year to get people to continue on that upsurging consumption path, scuffles are leading economic indicators.

You think the people standing in line are thinking that?  "Out of my way, idiots!  We have to buy more than we did last year, or the economy will tank!"

People trying to save a buck come in lots of um, flavors. Poor people might wrestle each other over a TV on Black Friday to save $100 bucks, and we call them every name in the book. But, I've also seen guys making $250k leave a $2 tip on a $75 lunch for two. He's called "thrifty" and is a role model for cheapskates everywhere. Go figure.

Stupid people more concerned with $99.00 off-branded electronics that will be in the trash in 6 months than they are with what their government is doing behind their backs everyday of the week.

It will not end well.

I see primarily poor people. Not people who have, $20,000 HT and stereo rigs. I get a kick out of the judgment. 

I'm doing ok now but I've been poor.  In my early 20's I lived in a $2,000 mobile home that had holes in the floor, ate the discount fish from the grocery store that was about to go bad as a staple, getting a $1 movie rental was a special occasion, and to get a hunting coat that was actually warm enough to hunt in required layaway.  I never acted like that.  

Growing up I spent the first few years with no drywall because we couldn't afford it.  Gardened and raised pigs because we couldn't afford to buy groceries.  Don't recall my family acting like that.  

Best friend is worth millions but he's been poor.  We were best friends when he lived in a 700 square foot house, calculated down to the penny how much each meal would cost, rode a tiny scooter outfitted with a weed-eater engine on it to work to be economical.  He never acted like that.  

My wife's family has several poor people in it, including one who to this day doesn't even have running water.  They go take a dump in the outhouse like back in the day.  They do take advantage of the sales, but big TV's is hardly on the shopping list, and, well, I just don't see them acting like that.  

Wife's best friend is poor.  They're supporting a family of 4 on a salary of the guy who frames pictures at Hobby Lobby.  They are extremely frugal.  You wouldn't catch them dead acting like this, they are very devout Mormons.  

I don't really think it has a thing to do with being poor.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I've also seen guys making $250k leave a $2 tip on a $75 lunch for two. He's called "thrifty" and is a role model...

Perhaps to you. We call them cheapskates and stuck-up selfish snobs in my city.

I'm also not sure if I'm flattered necessarily by the fact that you seem so inclined to insinuate that everyone here has a robust and fruitful income. You're certainly not referring to me.

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 1

I don't really think it has a thing to do with being poor.

No? I've seen many of these clips over many Black Fridays, and I've never seen any rich dames flopping around on the floor at Saks or Nordies. Just my experience.

That sure would be fun to watch though - No?

Perhaps to you. We call them cheapskates and stuck-up selfish snobs in my city.

I'm also not sure if I'm flattered necessarily by the fact that you seem so inclined to insinuate that everyone here has a robust and fruitful income. You're certainly not referring to me.

I believe my gear is worth more than my car  :o