What Exactly is Terrorism?

Jim Naseum

I'm not going to read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has been pointed out already.

"Terrorism" is attacking civilian targets for the purpose of achieving political gain.

Edited by Deang

• Moderators

As far as I know, political correctness is not part of law enforcement.

I suppose you never waited in those TSA lines in the airport?  Never read-up on the outcry against "racial profiling?"

How does all that connect? Racial profiling is against the law as a violation of equal protection.

Not in an airport it isn't or within 50 miles of a border by a customs on border official.

I'm not going to read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has been pointed out already.

"Terrorism" is attacking civilian targets for the purpose of achieving political gain.

Don't forget religious gain.

My definition... Which so far seems to be the most concise is:

Terrorism is the threat of violence or act of violence to further ones political or religious agenda.

• Moderators

One must wonder if there is actually a desire in this administration to prevent terrorism at all. It's hard to conceive.

Generally speaking, I think it's pretty well established that the government likes a good boogeyman and typically is in no hurry to completely get rid of them.

Pay attention to what Russia has been saying recently. They're in there now bombing all they can, while saying that our government has been lying, that they haven't really been bombing targets like they claim. Why would they say such a thing if it were false? They have no reason to tick us off about this. If anything we should be working together, yet according to them, we even leaked the flight path of their plane that got shot down.

If you know about this, then you know more than you are letting out. And so do I.

Who is really the terrorists in all this?

A year into fighting people who cut off the heads of innocent people we find an old adversary taking the lead role and doing more in a month that what we ever accomplished. But instead of joining them in the fight, we allow a NATO country to shoot down one of their jets while it conducts their nations very effective missions against our common enemy???? And now we are discovering (at least those who look at where the facts lead are discovering) that a NATO country may be helping to finance our enemy by purchasing their stolen oil?

Again, who is really the terrorist? And who here cannot stand to see the truth?

Infowars!  I can't subscribe to that.  However, I think the whole thing is party-driven, think-tank crap run by complete idiots who have no business being entrusted with national security.

Yiu are being pretty tough on Condi, she was doing her best, and I think she isnpretty smart.

I hope she gets the National Championship payoff team selections right.

A couple of observations:

With respect to firearms; the genie is so far out of the bottle you can't see even a wisp of his long ago departure.

With respect to the mass murder of innocent people and grievous wounding of others; I expect anytime now some stuffed shirt pontificating politician will declare this as another episode of 'workplace violence'.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What about religion? Can religious zealots, with no political motive, be terrorists, or just murderers?

Was the guy last week in Colorado a terrorist?

One must wonder if there is actually a desire in this administration to prevent terrorism at all. It's hard to conceive.

Generally speaking, I think it's pretty well established that the government likes a good boogeyman and typically is in no hurry to completely get rid of them.

Pay attention to what Russia has been saying recently. They're in there now bombing all they can, while saying that our government has been lying, that they haven't really been bombing targets like they claim. Why would they say such a thing if it were false? They have no reason to tick us off about this. If anything we should be working together, yet according to them, we even leaked the flight path of their plane that got shot down.

If you know about this, then you know more than you are letting out. And so do I.

A year into fighting people who cut off the heads of innocent people we find an old adversary taking the lead role and doing more in a month that what we ever accomplished. But instead of joining them in the fight, we allow a NATO country to shoot down one of their jets while it conducts their nations very effective missions against our common enemy???? And now we are discovering (at least those who look at where the facts lead are discovering) that a NATO country may be helping to finance our enemy by purchasing their stolen oil?

Infowars!  I can't subscribe to that.  However, I think the whole thing is party-driven, think-tank crap run by complete idiots who have no business being entrusted with national security.

Yiu are being pretty tough on Condi, she was doing her best, and I think she isnpretty smart.

We disagree on Condi.  Smart? Perhaps in some ways.  National security?  Not so much.

• Like 1

What about religion? Can religious zealots, with no political motive, be terrorists, or just murderers?

Was the guy last week in Colorado a terrorist?

He was a fetal liberator.  (snark)

• Moderators

I think I am hearing Zen and Travis propose that since documents don't always (or may seldomly) predict terrorism, we should allow undocumented people to come here.

Thats a good point. Lets have a National ID. On it would be your immigration status, handgun status, whether you have paid fees for your pets, if you have filed your tax returns, child support and anything else you want to add.

Everyone is documented.

Require everinenthat visits here to have a chip implanted so we can track em everywhere they go.

By God if we are too stupid to understand the freedoms we have we can sure change that in a hurry. Hpw dare we let anyone in, we are nuts. Next thing you know the Scottish will want to come.

I say build a wall and don't let anybody come in.

By the way, Saudi Airlines has direct flights to 3 major cities over there from 3 cities in the USA.

• Moderators

We disagree on Condi.  Smart? Perhaps in some ways.  National security?  Not so much.

Well there you have it. I think you are probably right, but she was way smarter than the guy who hired her which I guess is what really matters.

Well there you have it. I think you are probably right, but she was way smarter than the guy who hired her which I guess is what really matters.

Apparently so, if what they are saying about foretelling the WTC attacks is true.  However, after 9/11, it has been very, very clear.  There is no room left for debate anymore - zip, zero, nada, zilch.  They are intent on inflicting major terrorism over here.  I think it's the fool who ignores clearly-expressed intent.  How on earth will they be able to say, "We didn't see it coming?"

I think I am hearing Zen and Travis propose that since documents don't always (or may seldomly) predict terrorism, we should allow undocumented people to come here.

Thats a good point. Lets have a National ID. On it would be your immigration status, handgun status, whether you have paid fees for your pets, if you have filed your tax returns, child support and anything else you want to add.

Everyone is documented.

Require everinenthat visits here to have a chip implanted so we can track em everywhere they go.

By God if we are too stupid to understand the freedoms we have we can sure change that in a hurry. Hpw dare we let anyone in, we are nuts. Next thing you know the Scottish will want to come.

By the way, Saudi Airlines has direct flights to 3 major cities over there from 3 cities in the USA.

I grew up without all this terrorist BS occurring here.  If you are used to it or numb to it, I feel very sorry for you because you missed out on a much better way of life.

As far as I know, political correctness is not part of law enforcement.

I suppose you never waited in those TSA lines in the airport? Never read-up on the outcry against "racial profiling?"

How does all that connect? Racial profiling is against the law as a violation of equal protection.

Not in an airport it isn't or within 50 miles of a border by a customs on border official.

So are you saying the 14 th amendment doesn't apply there? Or, by simple practicality all the people at the southern border are Mexican?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Everyone is documented.

I grew up without all this terrorist BS occurring here. If you are used to it or numb to it, I feel very sorry for you because you missed out on a much better way of life.

I think the terror was just focused on other people, wasn't it? We terrorized Indians, then slaves, then blacks during the KKK days. They were certainly terrorists, right?

I think the terror was just focused on other people, wasn't it? We terrorized Indians, then slaves, then blacks during the KKK days. They were certainly terrorists, right?

Everybody always leaves out the Irish. There were more Irish slaves over here than black ones.

Everyone is documented.

I grew up without all this terrorist BS occurring here. If you are used to it or numb to it, I feel very sorry for you because you missed out on a much better way of life.

Not in my lifetime.  I like the period of when I grew up.