What are you paying for gas

richieb

$2.69 here in these environs. But the extra dollar we pay over some of you guys is apparently not enough because they want to charge us a mileage tax too.

Wow!  :blink:

West Virginia is usually about 20 years behind the times compared to the rest of the country, and we like it that way.  B)

$2.69 here in these environs. But the extra dollar we pay over some of you guys is apparently not enough because thay want to charge us a mileage tax too.

Yep, same thing in the news here as well, we can pretty much expect a mileage tax by 2017 from what I understand.

Prices have gone up 40 to 50 cents in one week! Greed at its finest. Merry Christmas.

Not around here. What's going on in your part of the world?

Last week it was $1.59 at the cheapest places I saw. I just filled up yesterday for $1.66.  $24.90 to fill-up from empty.  Nice! Too bad it comes at the expense of a lot of locals losing jobs, though.

Mallette is known for preaching how low energy prices are a sucker punch.  But it might not be.  It's hard to take living through high energy prices and all the complaints generated when finally low energy prices which should be good for almost everyone draws an equal amount of complaints.  Maybe it's an I told you so moment, but I predicted on this forum a couple of years or so ago that there would be cheaper energy and a stronger dollar.  Go figure, even a moron like me is right every now and then.  The point is people said oh right I'd love to see that.  Now that they do they still complain like they want it back to a weaker dollar and higher energy prices.

Edited by oldtimer

Mallette is known for preaching how low energy prices are a sucker punch.  But it might not be.  It's hard to take living through high energy prices and all the complaints generated when finally low energy prices which should be good for almost everyone draws an equal amount of complaints.  Maybe it's an I told you so moment, but I predicted on this forum a couple of years or so ago that there would be cheaper energy and a stronger dollar.  Go figure, even a moron like me is right every now and then.

LOL.

I have thought about the double-edged sword, too. I have concluded that lower prices are better in the same way MP3's are better than 8-track tapes.  Pricing forces labor to find a more efficient/desirable use of their services.