Texarkana bound...

Mallette

Well, records, system, everything that matters in life buried up in this 28 foot trailer.  2200 cubic feet, 20k lbs.  ABF picks up the trailer at 2 and we're outta here tomorrow.  I'll be totally absorbed with the Regional Music Heritage Center starting Monday...though we'll be making several trips back here to set the house up for show and sell.

Got the last of our last orange crop in and froze a couple of gallons of Satsuma juice to take.  No growing oranges in TXK! 

Worn to hell out.  This truck is less than half of what we brought with us, but that still a heap of stuff.   Last day I remember clearly was Thanksgiving.  Since then, a blur of tape and box tape and hauling stuff to the curb and to the parish thrift shop.

Dave

post-7390-0-56200000-1451576634_thumb.jp

There must be a really good reason leaving Galveston for Tex/Ark.

Yep.  It's called "Houston," a cesspool surround by a swamp that is between us and the rest of the world.  Apologies to those who like it, but I am a country boy who has been forced to live in places like DFW, Singapore, Houston, etc all my life.  Texarkana is a place in the heart for me, and the Regional Music Heritage Center a dream.  Further, I'll be about the same distance from Hope and Rodney Newton's farm as I am from downtown Houston...MUCH better neighbors!

Dave

• Like 2

Dave - Welcome to the neighborhood I'm about an hour north of you in small town Murfreesboro. Lived in Katy for about 5 years and about lost my mind, I'll take my dirt road over the concrete jungle any day. If I can be of any help don't hesitate to PM me......never meet ya but as we say here you seem like "good people".

• Like 2