Official Forum Snow Gage-Snowmageddon II

thebes

Snowmageddon II-The Sequel

It seems that the sky actually is falling.  Dire predictions and overblown hype aside, could be a nice winter snowstorm.

Gotta love this weather-related tidbit.. On the news last night a solemn matron outside a Whole Foods Stores commented on the coming onslaught by saying "No organic carrots. It's a tragedy".

She'll probably go home and beat her maid.

Now I'm in the western DC suburbs just a little ways down the road from Dulles International Airport, so my readings should track pretty closely with the official measurements.

Only one thing. I don't use inches, but visuals centered around the Official Forum Weather Gage Picnic Table.

Pic taken at 1PM.

So let the snow begin!

(Gotta go for now. I have to mull some wine)

post-12696-0-89060000-1453490147_thumb.j

Edited by thebes
  • Like 1

I'm just happy the new saw i ordered from the East coast was sent out before it could get caught up stuck in the back of the truck stranded on the side of the highway.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Hope you at least have a snow thrower. :emotion-21:

Edited by jason str

Mulled wine washed down with non-organic carrots.  Yes plebeian , I know, but good ole Thebes is the-salt-of-the-earth, not some fancy pants.

Pretty steady so far.  Up to about two inches or so.

Nope not a cam, just me snapping pics out the back door where my $500 khorns, $50 Marantz8b and assorted other toys are setup. 

The night before the last time we had weather like this a racoon showed  at that very same door, musta known what was coming cause he was scratching to get in.  When I walked over, he backed up about two feet, sat down and stared at me. Now not many know this, but I'm a "Racoon Talker" and I could understand what he was saying.  I also know they are a mischievous lot and I wasn't about to fall for his entreaties.  So I said to him, "you take that mask off and you can come right in".  With a sniff he waddled off to his hole under my ground floor deck.

4PM pic.

post-12696-0-45420000-1453496806_thumb.j

Edited by thebes
  • Like 1

We are expecting a foot of snow on the east end of Long Island. What I am more concerned about are the high winds that are forecast. Steady winds on the high 20's to 30's with gusts approaching 50 mph. Then there is the coastal erosion factor to consider. Still, the DC/VA area will bear the brunt of this one, or so it seems.