Official Forum Snow Gage-Snowmageddon II

thebes

No mama grizzlies have been sighted in my neighborhood.

We are pushing 30 inches or so I'd say.

The most I ever saw was 70 inches, Syracuse, New York  in the Blizzard of 1966.  Now that was something to see.  Forty miles north in Oswego, NY, where I went  to college a year later, they had 102 official inches.  I was shown pictures of my dorm with students tobogganing off the three story roof, due to drifts from high winds.

7PM report. Hey! Somebody stole my picnic table!

Should wind up in an hour or two.

post-12696-0-97780000-1453594710_thumb.j

• Like 3

I think a firm upstanding thebes would enjoy warming the Twins after they got through playing in the show.

Or die trying!

Warming them up.  Hah!

They've been hunkered down under the biggest, heaviest down comforter you've ever seen.  Said they got it from their Swedish relation, Uncle Swen (I'm suspicious).  Occasionally a hand emerges to grab hold of the hearty stews and soups I've been cooking. Can't image what they are using to handle the "necessaries".  I've been barred from crawling in with them cause "I'm might bring Jack Frost in with me". 

Well, the festivities are over. Maybe another inch since last night's report. 

Two pictures today.  The final 8AM picnic table report and a pic of GaryMD's car. It's the lump in the middle. He spent the night with me so I could run him out to the airport for a trip to, get this, Maui. Betcha he's going to be surprised when he get's back.

post-12696-0-07500000-1453640943_thumb.j

post-12696-0-69340000-1453640966_thumb.j

• Like 4