Can anyone tell me what is better than

ELMarko

You'll be hard pressed to beat it in all areas for less then 3K especial if you keep the Heresy. Those speakers flat out work with vintage integrated tube amps. The sub is not absolutely required but can be helpful with certain music.

Edited by NOSValves
  • Like 2

The  222c (and I would imagine most other Scott's from that era) has a center channel rca out that can be used to feed the sub amp (how convenient).  

and Craig, you did the refurb on my baby a few years ago, still sounding superb.

Edited by ELMarko

How do you go about hooking up the sub to the Scott?

You can use the tape outs too if it doesn't have pre outs.

Tubes seem to bring out the low end and dynamics on Heritage stuff. I've also noticed that big old receivers with big amps bring them to life pretty well. I'm not sure why exactly. Perhaps there is somebody who can shed some light on that.

Don't have tubes but my 8080db sounds phenomenal with KP250's Cornwalls and everything else I hook it up to.

A 2k system than a Scott 222C pushing a pair of Heresy with a SVS 25-31 sub with a Marantz CD player...unbelievable. the best value you could ever find. I still say the Heresy is the best speaker ever made at it's price point.

It's great you are enjoying a Klipsch enhanced system.

And when you are ready, an "Upgrade" can be handled by the experts here.

Tubes seem to bring out the low end and dynamics on Heritage stuff. I've also noticed that big old receivers with big amps bring them to life pretty well. I'm not sure why exactly. Perhaps there is somebody who can shed some light on that.

Don't have tubes but my 8080db sounds phenomenal with KP250's Cornwalls and everything else I hook it up to.

+1    Best vintage SS receiver I have found to date.

Understood, never heard the Forte 2's, maybe the updated midrange would help. But it just seems my Forte's have a blanket over them compared to the Heresy.

I had the Forte IIs with the Crites upgrades and found that in a bigger room say larger than roughly 20 x 20 or so the Forte opened up and was exceptional. In a small room I found the Heresy to be more open and clear.  Getting the Forte IIs off the wall the right amount helped a great deal so a small room just wasn't practical. 

Understood, never heard the Forte 2's, maybe the updated midrange would help. But it just seems my Forte's have a blanket over them compared to the Heresy.

I had the Forte IIs with the Crites upgrades and found that in a bigger room say larger than roughly 20 x 20 or so the Forte opened up and was exceptional. In a small room I found the Heresy to be more open and clear. Getting the Forte IIs off the wall the right amount helped a great deal so a small room just wasn't practical.