DeanG

Jeff Matthews

I was wondering who that Raig-whatever member was with over 20,000 posts.  These name-changes are tough to follow.

Anyway, I was glad to see you stick up for an old buddy.

Many of us old-guard guys are dropping-off, one-by-one.  Gotta make way for the next generation, I suppose.

These name-changes are tough to follow.

It took me a couple posts to figure it out as well.  The name change option came as part of the new forum software among other "improvements".  I'm not really a fan of it.

• Like 2

I've only changed my screen name once and that was in response to what I thought was the No BS section opening up to crazy folks and I don't want them contacting me...

Well, you can also thank "He who shall not be named" for the change from BS to the No BS section as well :(

Roger

I never really understood how that was a "change," except for the effect of the new post-count barrier to entry.  Since I don't appreciate how it was a change, I can't get a grip on how "He who shall not be named" precipitated it.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

I was wondering who that Raig-whatever member was with over 20,000 posts.  These name-changes are tough to follow.

Anyway, I was glad to see you stick up for an old buddy.

Many of us old-guard guys are dropping-off, one-by-one.  Gotta make way for the next generation, I suppose.

Jeff,

I sure do miss Marshal posting the way he used to and I miss Fenderbender as well.

Then to also loose Oldbuckster and Boxx

We sure have been left with some impossible voids to fill :(

Rog

I've only changed my screen name once and that was in response to what I thought was the No BS section opening up to crazy folks and I don't want them contacting me...

Well, you can also thank "He who shall not be named" for the change from BS to the No BS section as well :(

Roger

I never really understood how that was a "change," except for the effect of the new post-count barrier to entry.  Since I don't appreciate how it was a change, I can't get a grip on how "He who shall not be named" precipitated it.

Jeff,

I think that he just figured if he couldn't play any more, that he didn't want anybody to be able too. You have his email, ask him why he did it?

It changes it not by only excluding me, but also allows members in that have the 5,000 posts. Some guys can run up that many in a VERY short time.

Roger

YaY! Another thread about the legend! This should help get folks to the promised land of 5000 posts. :P

Btw, do I need to go back and look through those Kechup threads to see if there is some coded language? This is up there with the Dead Sea Scrolls insofar as intrigue is concerned...

Edited by Zen Traveler

Since I don't appreciate how it was a change, I can't get a grip on how "He who shall not be named" precipitated it.

after demanding that his posts were his IP and that they be removed entirely he wrote a letter to klipsch management, bringing that particular sub-forum's existence into a state of common knowledge, suggesting that it was a cesspool and that it should be considered for closure. they seemed to have agreed and gave orders to shut it down. i'm pretty sure Chad busted his *** to design a framework through which the spirit of that sub-forum could return while simultaneously conforming to the expectations of management. and the only gratitude for those efforts that he's gotten from the forum is bitching and moaning.

top notch, family.

• Like 1

Jeff,

I think that he just figured if he couldn't play any more, that he didn't want anybody to be able too. You have his email, ask him why he did it?

It changes it not by only excluding me, but also allows members in that have the 5,000 posts. Some guys can run up that many in a VERY short time.

Roger

I don't have to email Mark to know he had no voice in why the 5,000 post-count barrier was thought to be appropriate.  This was a tactical decision by Klipsch, which, of course, is its prerogative, so I am not challenging it or even really being critical of it.

suggesting that it was a cesspool and that it should be considered for closure

I hate seeing this analogy because it wasn't a "cesspool," except on a few threads where someone made it so....I also find it hard to believe that Mark characterized it in that way, except he did seem to be mad at one individual...  

he wrote a letter to klipsch management, bringing that particular sub-forum's existence into a state of common knowledge, suggesting that it was a cesspool and that it should be considered for closure.

I knew nothing of this "letter" until recently, and I don't doubt there was one.

However, I would be surprised if he singled-out the BS section from all other sections and called it a "cesspool."

Mark was more for relaxing the rules than shutting-down free speech.  However, I am not suggesting "free speech" is a right on anyone's forum, nor am I suggesting it is appropriate for this one.

suggesting that it was a cesspool and that it should be considered for closure

I hate seeing this analogy because it wasn't a "cesspool," except on a few threads where someone made it so....I also find it hard to believe that Mark characterized it in that way, except he did seem to be mad at one individual...  

And yet, he did.

• Like 1

This was a tactical decision by Klipsch, which, of course, is its prerogative, so I am not challenging it or even really being critical of it.

Admission to the area had to apply to each member equally without bias or prejudice.  A post count as the price of admission accomplished that.

This was a tactical decision by Klipsch, which, of course, is its prerogative, so I am not challenging it or even really being critical of it.

Admission to the area had to apply to each member equally without bias or prejudice.  A post count as the price of admission accomplished that.

Ah!  Political correctness.  It's interesting how the more we try to be fair, the more screwed-up things become.  By that, I mean, when you try to be fair, people piss and moan anyway.  Politics is an interesting game.

I dislike seeing any member of a on-line community post less, leave, etc. and view such departures as true losses to the collective knowledge. Even ALK who told me I needed to not use any amplifier with less than 50 WPC with my Klipsch speakers I did not want to see leave.

• Like 1

I dislike seeing any member of a on-line community post less, leave, etc. and view such departures as true losses to the collective knowledge. Even ALK who told me I needed to not use any amplifier with less than 50 WPC with my Klipsch speakers I did not want to see leave.

I was shocked to find out that when I drove my 375 wpc amp to ear-bleeding levels, I was only pushing 60 watts.  So, AlK was not too far off from base.

BTW, it was Craig (NOSValves) primarily who led me to this revelation.

I fully understand that Carl but it doesn't make the fact that I got punished for nothing that I did suck any less!

Roger

• Like 2

I fully understand that Carl but it doesn't make the fact that I got punished for nothing that I did suck any less!

Roger

I believe the phrase for that is, "collateral damage."