DeanG

Jeff Matthews

After a few kerfuffles in the Lounge (because he did not have 5,000 posts as "Jo,"), "Jo" was banned.

He was banned only after It was proven that JoSteph/MrCatsup/JimNaseum was indeed Mark.  No kerfuffles were harmed in the making of that decision.

imagine the forum bitchfest if we banned someone based only on circumstantial evidence. i'm just glad we focus our patience, understanding, and goodwill on things that matter like the availability of spec sheets for deprecated models.  :ph34r:

• Like 3

Mark threatened to defecate on my boss' desk if I didn't delete his account.

That's as about as white trash as me when I urinated on my bosses desk while at Nabisco in 1990 for being fired due to me being injured. They had wanted a prior shop steward back,and I was the low man on the totem pole in the union for this job,so they came up with some BS to get rid of me while I was hurt.

As bad as what Mark threatened, and as bad as it is,it made me chuckle a little bit.

After a few kerfuffles in the Lounge (because he did not have 5,000 posts as "Jo,"), "Jo" was banned.

He was banned only after It was proven that JoSteph/MrCatsup/JimNaseum was indeed Mark.  No kerfuffles were harmed in the making of that decision.

Ahhh, therein lies the rub. I have been getting headaches trying to figure out what the hell was happening here on The Klipsch forums the last few months. You can't tell the players without a program.

it's like the proverbial train wreck that you keep looking at -- it does get rather boring around here sometimes.  As sad as it is to find that entertaining ONLY TO A POINT-- you get to learn a little bit about some of the forum members when you read their responses,  Some gain respect, some lose respect -- not that anyone cares though.

I'm sure if there was a round table meeting at Hope and these issues were addressed face-to-face, it would be the quietest part of the weekend.

So this guy leaves mad  a year or so ago and demands all his content deleted....and then comes back cloaked as someone else (that many here knew and made it known right off the bat) and then gets in a tizzy over posts in the old cheese section and gets that deleted?    

How the heck did the tail and I mean THE TAIL wag the dog here?

your order is wrong. his departure, post deletion, and BS forum sabotage all took place last year around the same time.

So this guy leaves mad  a year or so ago and demands all his content deleted....and then comes back cloaked as someone else (that many here knew and made it known right off the bat) and then gets in a tizzy over posts in the old cheese section and gets that deleted?    

your order is wrong. his departure, post deletion, and BS forum sabotage all took place last year around the same time.

Fool me once, shame on you,  fool me twice, shame on me.    He won and apparently did exactly what he wanted to do again.  Why do I have the strangest feeling he will be back? 

Hi Chad,

I said I wasn't going to defend any poor behaviors and I'm not. Mark isn't my "Hero", but he is my friend. I didn't like the piling on in that thread.

If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you just delete his posts?

I only ever saw Mark get really nasty once or twice, and it wasn't pretty. However, It's hard to imagine him saying something like you mentioned in any form other than a metaphor, i.e. a lawsuit.

Some of the pictures and videos that people post or link to are kind of tasteless. I know he didn't like them, and didn't care for lazy writing habits and those who used a dozen emoticons at the end of each paragraph.

I suppose I have some questions for Mark. Thanks Chad.

Dean

Fool me once, shame on you,  fool me twice, shame on me.    He won and apparently did exactly what he wanted to do again.  Why do I have the strangest feeling he will be back? 

I guess, like VD, his return was nothing to clap about?

It was quite the undertaking to delete the 20 or 30K posts that Mark demanded to be deleted.  There was no simple way to just push a button and have it happen according to Chad.  As you've noticed, he got it done though.  I'm not quite sure exactly how long it took him to get it done.

i'm just glad we focus our patience, understanding, and goodwill on things that matter like the availability of spec sheets for deprecated models.  :ph34r:

It was quite the undertaking to delete the 20 or 30K posts that Mark demanded to be deleted.  There was no simple way to just push a button and have it happen according to Chad.  As you've noticed, he got it done though.  I'm not quite sure exactly how long it took him to get it done.

In the spirit of Paul Harvey (may that venerable radioman of seven decades RIP), now we know the "rest of the story" on why we STILL don't have those spec sheets for the depreciated speaker models. :wacko:   Who needs specs anyway, I say measure your own specs in your own listening environment. B)

Since I don't appreciate how it was a change, I can't get a grip on how "He who shall not be named" precipitated it.

after demanding that his posts were his IP and that they be removed entirely he wrote a letter to klipsch management, bringing that particular sub-forum's existence into a state of common knowledge, suggesting that it was a cesspool and that it should be considered for closure. they seemed to have agreed and gave orders to shut it down. i'm pretty sure Chad busted his *** to design a framework through which the spirit of that sub-forum could return while simultaneously conforming to the expectations of management. and the only gratitude for those efforts that he's gotten from the forum is bitching and moaning.

top notch, family.

I've got a headache after reading that sentence.

K.