Peyton Manning

jimjimbo

This is an excerpt from THIS article:

This is an interesting argument Williams brings up, because a lot of people don't realize just how bad Manning was last season. He nearly led the league in interceptions (one off) with 17 despite only playing in 10 games (9 starts). His stats placed him firmly in the bottom half of the league with his 225 yards per game being seventh-worst, his completion percentage (59.8) being eighth-worst, his yards-per-attempt (6.8) being seventh-worst, and his passer rating (67.9) being the worst.

I'm thinking Brock gets paid in Denver.

Maybe so but the longer it doesn't happen, the more teams and cash will get tossed his way once free agency starts.

He's turned down the 3 year 45 mil deal Denver's offered him already.

Edited by CECAA850

Would Denver have won that SB with Brock at QB? To be honest, probably so. Peyton had an awesome career. There is no denying it.

Many thought Brock starting starting with Peyton on the sideline would be a good tryout to see if Brock was the QB of the future.  I thought he looked pretty good, but still not great.  Do you think Broncs are looking for a QB in the draft or free agency?

Nowdays QB's drafted in the first round are expected to take their team to the Superbowl their rookie year or they're out.  BITD QB's needed about 3 years of NFL experience before they were expected to perform game-in and game-out.  I would be comfortable with giving Brock another season.

Your thoughts?

Two Superbowl appearances in three seasons with a win in his last one? It's unprecedented.

The last Superbowl they went to was in spite of him, not because of him.  No arguing the greatness that was his career though.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, if they hadn't won the San Diego game at the end of the regular season, they wouldn't have had home field throughout the playoffs.  And guess who came in and energized the team, and won that game for them????  So, "in spite of him"????  I disagree.

2015 stats:

9 TD's

17 INTs.

2,249 yards

67.9 QBR.

That'll get you a pink slip most places.

Did you forget about the plantar fasciitis injury? That did not help his performance a good portion of the season.

I have it right now in my left foot and believe me, it ain't no joke.

Bill

Edited by willland

Did you forget about the plantar fasciitis injury? That did not help his performance a good potion of the season.I have it right now in my left foot and believe me, it ain't no joke.

I've had it when playing soccer.  I still wear orthotics to this day.  Definitely no fun.

Injuries are part of the game, everybody is nicked up by January. 

Superbowl 50 stats for Manning:

13 for 23 for 141 yards.  0 TD's and one pick.  They won in spite of him.

I agree, the Broncos Defense won the game with what I like to call the "Archie Slap" approach. You put on fast pressure and hit the QB hard enough that his mental edge starts to break down. At the end of the game Cam Newton was completely demoralized as seen by him flopping around the ground on his own endzone.

"Transported back to their childhood..."