3 Hottest Sounding Women in Music (since mass marketed recordings)

Wolfbane

Well, I'm glad Deborah Harry, Dusty Springfield, Jewel, Roberta Flack, and Joni Mtchell have already been listed by others so that I can add a few more.

Patsy Cline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRNdap-ioNM

Judy Collins  :emotion-25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jn90y9H9S4

Joan Jett 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd5MDLDanGo

and Lady Gaga is just phenomenal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJPS_IC-A0

Edited by sputnik

I'm stunned that nobody has mentioned the late, great Songbird herself Eva Cassidy.  I'll take her with my number one pick.  Dusty Springfield is my number two.  And let's go with Shelby Lynne at number three.  Pat Benatar is my top Honorable Mention.

Thanks, it seems that due to this thread I'm starting to spend more money again as I just ordered "Live at Blues Alley" and "Nightbird."  

• Like 4

I'm stunned that nobody has mentioned the late, great Songbird herself Eva Cassidy.  I'll take her with my number one pick.  Dusty Springfield is my number two.  And let's go with Shelby Lynne at number three.  Pat Benatar is my top Honorable Mention.

Thanks, it seems that due to this thread I'm starting to spend more money again as I just ordered "Live at Blues Alley" and "Nightbird."  

It's heartbreaking that we won't hear her mature. One who really was gone too soon.

Bruce

• Like 2

It's heartbreaking that we won't hear her mature. One who really was gone too soon.

Bruce

Yep. Never listened to her before, but I am tonight. Thanks

What a Wonderful World 

• Like 1

Ann Wilson

Grace Slick

Norah Jones

The original Songbird

Has anyone mentioned the Wilson sisters?

716E8z4l1TL._SL1053_.jpg

I saw that BigStewMan picked one of the sisters.

But I like both of them.

IMG_0966-X2-1.jpg

Great picture; here you go, that picture deserves a lot more of the pixels on the screen than it was getting as a thumbnail photo.

• Like 2

Bruce

As was Amy Winehouse. I expected had she lived she would be on par with Billie Holiday. It would have been great to hear AW sing 'God Bless the Child' and other Billie Holiday classics of the golden age of jazz.

• Like 1