Need advice - Car mirror broken

wvu80

The Story:  (skip to the next paragraph if you don't want to read the boring details)  My wife has been backing into our car port for 20 years.  Today she left 8 feet clearance on the driver side, about 6 inches on the passenger side and wiped out the mirror. 

Why didn't she see how close she was by looking at the mirror?  Oh, she told me she doesn't use the mirror, doesn't need to.

+++

I need a passenger side mirror Honda CRV- 2007.  Just electric adjustment, no other accessories, color black.  Mirror fits 2007-2010 CRV.

The local Advance Auto has an OEM replacement for $75 + tax.  The Ebay stores are $50, as are internet companies.  I am balking because I think once I get to Checkout I'm guessing there will be a big shipping fee, and the only way to get there is to input my credit card info, something I won't do unless it's a trusted store.

Can anybody suggest a trusted store?  Am I cheaping out by not wanting to pay the extra 50% to get it local?

4750341.jpg

Here's the $50 mirror I found by Google search:

http://www.carid.com/2007-honda-cr-v-mirrors/replace-side-mirror-1102328.html

+++

EDIT:  Upon further reflection I'm thinking I may just need the mirror which is bonded onto a snap-in plate, for about $20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Glass-Power-w-Mounting-Bracket-Passenger-Side-for-07-09-Honda-CRV-CR-V-/371029590009?fits=Year%3A2007|Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACR-V&hash=item5663163ff9:g:-KcAAOSwg3FUfDDx&vxp=mtr

Edited by wvu80

I'm one of those people that when I need something, I want it asap. I would pay the extra $25 and get that fixed today. Plus it might help your local economy. You're right about not wanting to use a credit card any more than we have to. 

If it was a larger more expensive item, sure I'll go online and save some money.

Dave….you could go to Honda…..I'll say about $250!

If you went to the dealer and bought every part to build a 20k vehicle, what would it cost….150k?

• Like 1

She doesn't need it because she doesn't use it anyway...

There's an observer of life!  :rolleyes:

I may take a picture of the clearances for you guys to see.  I just can't bring myself to believe she was off on one side by literally, 6 feet.

+++

Upon further review, I may just need the glass w/mounting bracket for $20.  All I would have to do is snap it in.  If I got the entire head unit, I would have to take apart the door from the inside.  :(

Edited by wvu80

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear." 

I guess that's assuming you're looking to begin with.

post-58280-0-65800000-1459549952_thumb.j

Does this mean I keep to keep the Scala's in the living room?  :emotion-25:

post-58280-0-64960000-1459550045_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80

ROCKAUTO parts outside mirror glass 5 to 8 bucks whole mirror 19 to 35 bucks. Good company bought a lot of parts from them. But son did get a bad timing belt tensioner one time they would not help with. Just do not buy any inside engine parts. http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2785174&cc=1434521&jsn=379 Even tells you how to do it. Rick

• Like 1

Wvu80 - For online purchases , get yourself a Paypal account.

They give you a debit card for that account, but it's branded"Master card" so you can use it anywhere you use a credit card, without having to remember a PIN #.(unless you want cash back)

Even though Paypal  will ask you to, you do NOT have to tie it to a bank account.

At least when I did it, maybe changed now.

When needed, simply transfer money from your regular bank to Paypal, Just as simple as like transferring from your savings to your regular checking account.

You can never lose more $ than what you have in the Paypal.   Lars

• Like 2

wvu,

I think you're playing with fire.

Don't argue with the wife.

Go someplace local even with the slightly inflated price.  You're saving some money there over the dealer and much more by installing it yourself.  The Tappet Brothers said many times: "It's the stingy man who pays the most." 

Is this all about $25?  Some people get $100 worth of enjoyment over saving $25 and that's why they'll spend $50 to do it.  Is that you?

How much is a ticket going to cost?

If there is ever an accident because of no side view mirror you're going to feel bad, and so may the victim.

Man up and get out the tool kit.

Smile, but serious too.

WMcD

Edited by WMcD
  • Like 1

Don't want the wife to cut off the nookie either for any amount of time,

be the hero and fix it ASAP.

Geez, it that what my problem is lately???  You are so wise!  :emotion-21:

I have got to get that leak in the roof fixed!  :wub2: