P39 Palladiums no reserve

mustang guy

Looking for some help , I see dimples on all 4 corners of the bottom plate , I'm guessing he didn't use lock nut spacers let me know if I'm correct . Looks like crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! Looks like crap. New opening bid is $4,000

I know how A1 feels and I believe, thinks. Now that he has seen this flaw that's the first thing he will be drawn to. Even before how good they may sound. If they sound good enough to keep new perfect plates may need to be ordered . If the jury is out on the sound the cosmetic issue puts them on the market. I know I'm the same way. I have been perfectly happy with vehicles that I thought were "perfect" only to find or cause a flaw and couldn't get past it. Sold 'em. Anal - yep. To a fault.

My P38s didn't come with spikes, but I just bought a new P27c. The center's spikes aren't long enough to go through the lower base plate and then dimple the upper plate. The tower spikes may be longer. Plus, I don't see how a threaded spike bolt would leave a perfectly round dimple. I would think it would leave more of a puncture mark.

How far are you from CT? I'll take those horrible looking things off your hands.

In all seriousness, if they sound amazing, I wouldn't pay that much attention and plates could always be ordered. Or, it could make you a little less nervous around them since they have a mark.

Close your eyes and enjoy probably one of the best sounding speakers made.

• Like 1