To Sell or Not to Sell

Youthman

In West Virginia we don't get usually get lust for drones, it's usually an irrational desire to own guns, gun lust.  You have drone lust.   :rolleyes:

It is not logical, but it is often true. 

Edited by wvu80

I'm thinking you should sell off the entire theater, cancel the plans to modify the lanai, and purchase a full-on Predator drone

You're driving down those crazy highways in Florida, irritated in traffic, when your Predator comes overhead and blasts out the car in front of you, clearing a path

That pesky skunk in your backyard....Predator drone

That neighbor who complains about the home theater...meet my drone.  It's antisocial, but it sure would be fun :)

• Moderators
Duder, It's not as fun being mature. Lol

VERY TRUE 

And I try to limit myself to being mature, I try to do it very infrequently, seems I may be allergic ? Ask my wife

Either way Youthman your a good man, with great friends.

Scrap all 4 ideas.  We just came out of a very bad recession. 

Build up a savings where you can go at least 8 months without working, 18 months if you are self employed. Start investing while you are young.

Get out of the constant consumption cycle and your stress will go away and your happiness will actually increase.  You have a lot of hobbies that you can enjoy with what you have right now, do that instead. 

Sorry for so much reality. 

• Like 1

In West Virginia we don't get usually get lust for drones, it's usually an irrational desire to own guns, gun lust. You have drone lust. :rolleyes:

It is not logical, but it is often true.

Isnt that where the fellow shot the drone down with his gun[emoji12] ?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I would sell your remote and get a really cheap $150 drone to practice on if this is your first one. Then you will be a pro operator by the time you save up for the nice one. That way you dont end up like this poor guy:

• Moderators
I'm thinking you should sell off the entire theater, cancel the plans to modify the lanai, and purchase a full-on Predator drone

I definitely won't need a theater room at home while I spend the rest of my life in prison.  LOL

In West Virginia we don't get usually get lust for drones, it's usually an irrational desire to own guns, gun lust. You have drone lust.

Plant City has a lot of gun totin' guys and gals....I've never been interested in guns myself.  Shot a few shot guns, AR15 etc nothing fancy.

They don't exactly make those anymore. I'd be weary of selling a fraction of a set. It's like selling a rare pistol to fund a new Glock.

Yes,the RSW-15's are getting "rare' but I'm not sure (4) RSW-15's would count as a "set".  A single or dual RSW-15's would be more than enough for the average enthusiast. 

And I try to limit myself to being mature, I try to do it very infrequently, seems I may be allergic ? Ask my wife

That's what keeps you so young dtel.  Being a student pastor myself, hanging out with teens helps keep you from becoming too "mature".

Scrap all 4 ideas. We just came out of a very bad recession. Build up a savings where you can go at least 8 months without working, 18 months if you are self employed. Start investing while you are young. Get out of the constant consumption cycle and your stress will go away and your happiness will actually increase. You have a lot of hobbies that you can enjoy with what you have right now, do that instead. Sorry for so much reality.

Your assessment of the economy is spot on.  We have an emergency fund in place, we invest between 15-20% of our income, no debt (other than our home) and are paying an extra 1/2 payment every month towards principle so we can pay our home off early.  As a result, I have pretty much zero stress and if I lost EVERYTHING today, I would still be fine because of my faith. 

I would sell your remote and get a really cheap $150 drone to practice on if this is your first one. Then you will be a pro operator by the time you save up for the nice one. That way you dont end up like this poor guy:

Yeah, I've watched several guys crash their drones. The Inspire is one of DJI's higher end models too (> $2000 I believe).

Over the past week, I've become somewhat obsessed with the new DJI Phantom 4 Drone.  It has some really nice upgrades from the Phantom 3 Professional.  This would be my first drone.

I currently have $760 available to put towards it so I need about $650 more.  Unfortunately, we are in the process of putting money aside for two projects that take priority.

1)  Make the trip from Florida to Alabama to pick up my new cabinet for the theater room when wakejunkie finishes.  This will also include a road trip to South Carolina.

2) Enclose 1/2 of our lanai to make a bedroom for my daughter.  We are $2000 away from having all of the money to do it.

Any new websites I develop or design projects must first go towards those two items.

We are debt free other than our home (thanks Dave Ramsey) so it's not an option to finance.  So today I began thinking about the possibility of selling something:

Option 1:  Sell one of my four RSW15's. 

Pros:

• It would completely fund the remaining I need for the DJI Phantom 4. 
  • I definitely would not be lacking in bass if I sold one of the four subs.

Cons:

• Would not be able to have this.  I was VERY sure this was the easy solution....until I looked at this rendering.  Man that would look sweet!

klipsch-lascalas-and-quad-rsw-15-subwoof

Option 2:  Sell my newly acquired URC MX-890, MRF-350 Base Station and RFX-250

Pros: 

• I began programming the remote but have not actually used it in my HT yet.  Still using my Harmony One
  • I have not hooked up the MRF-350 and RFX-250 to add RF capabilities and I really don't have a need for RF since everything will be within line of sight with the new cabinet.
  • I still have the Harmony One (which is a great remote) to use for the HT

Cons:

• Worth about $150, therefore would not fully fund the DJI Phantom 4.

Option 3:  Be patient, get the cabinet for my front wall of the HT and room for my daughter built and then buy the Phantom 4.

Pros:

• Would get to keep the RSW-15

Cons:

• Would not have the drone to use when I go pick up the cabinet and make the journey back to Florida.  Thought about some cool shots I could get to document the journey.  I think this is my biggest reason for wanting to sell an RSW-15.  But it may take wakejunkie several more weeks (or months) to finish the project.  He thought for sure he would be finished by the first of April but he still has to sand everything, stain and varnish the entire project. 

Ok.....looking for some advice here.....

Let patience have her perfect work :lol:  :rolleyes:  :)  ^_^

Scrap all 4 ideas.  We just came out of a very bad recession. 

Build up a savings where you can go at least 8 months without working, 18 months if you are self employed. Start investing while you are young.

Get out of the constant consumption cycle and your stress will go away and your happiness will actually increase.  You have a lot of hobbies that you can enjoy with what you have right now, do that instead. 

Sorry for so much reality. 

You are not describing the Michael I know. :o   I know stress is not something he invites too often into his life.  And when it does come knocking, he quickly, and decisively and politely asks it to leave.  He is a man of much peace and patience.

Bill

• Moderators
Let patience have her perfect work :lol::rolleyes::)^_^

Yeah, that's what I've decided to do.  The longer I wait, the cheaper the Phantom 4 will become. 

You are not describing the Michael I know. :o I know stress is not something he invites too often into his life. And when it does come knocking, he quickly, and decisively and politely asks it to leave. He is a man of much peace and patience.

Thank you for the kind words Bill. 

• Like 1

They don't exactly make those anymore. I'd be weary of selling a fraction of a set. It's like selling a rare pistol to fund a new Glock.

Scrap all 4 ideas. We just came out of a very bad recession. Build up a savings where you can go at least 8 months without working, 18 months if you are self employed. Start investing while you are young. Get out of the constant consumption cycle and your stress will go away and your happiness will actually increase. You have a lot of hobbies that you can enjoy with what you have right now, do that instead. Sorry for so much reality.

Your assessment of the economy is spot on.  We have an emergency fund in place, we invest between 15-20% of our income, no debt (other than our home) and are paying an extra 1/2 payment every month towards principle so we can pay our home off early.  As a result, I have pretty much zero stress and if I lost EVERYTHING today, I would still be fine because of my faith. 

Great, sounds like you have everything under control.

Wait until the drones get cheaper and take care of your other things on the list. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks ReferenceRoom.  Thanks to the advice of everyone, I have not moved forward with purchasing a drone.  Guess I'll get to keep all 4 RSW-15's after all.  Guess I'll hang onto them until I decide to build a pair of F20 Horn Subs.