Good Riddance

thebes

What does 'union made' have to do with quality?

Sad.  1% has won.

Dave

I agree. I have asked others in other threads for a solution. 

You know there has always been the Rockefeller, Carnegie, Rothschild types. What's sad is the 1% are looking at the US as a has been consumer. They're looking at where the economy is growing where they can market the goods elsewhere. I wish someone would come up with a solution. 

So... Coke comes in cans smaller than 12 oz.? The South of the border Coke is in glass bottles and 12 oz. too (I think... I'll check the next time I'm there.

Edited by Marvel

and everyone complaining about shoddy goods today would be well advised to reflect on how much better made and fitting products such as Levi's jeans were back when they were union made in the USA.  Furthermore, they aren't cheap now are they? 

Well...  I buy Levi's from Wally World for about $17 a pair, and they fit great.  Unfortunately, that was a bad example.  Back 35 years ago, the same pants would go for about $25 - 30 a pair.  

Has anyone noticed that when sitting in a glass, Pepsi doesn't retain its carbonation nearly as long as Coke?

Never had one sit long enough...

Dave

It doesn't take that long.  Try Coke in a glass for an hour vs. Pepsi in a glass for an hour.  By that time, Pepsi is already flat and gross.  Some people drink their beverages when they are thirsty and gulp it on down in a few minutes.  Others will pour a drink and sip at it for a while.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

I was astounded to read on the tiny two serve cans of Bush beans that they contain 24 grams of sugar, twice that of a  12 ounce can of Coke.

JJK

Wow!  That's six teaspoons.

I had Bush beans last night.

don’t tell Zen or you’ll get a lecture.  :D

and everyone complaining about shoddy goods today would be well advised to reflect on how much better made and fitting products such as Levi's jeans were back when they were union made in the USA.  Furthermore, they aren't cheap now are they? 

Well...  I buy Levi's from Wally World for about $17 a pair, and they fit great.  Unfortunately, that was a bad example.  Back 35 years ago, the same pants would go for about $25 - 30 a pair.  

Must be my bad.  I'm not shaped like the typical wally world shopper.  If they made them the way they used to I wouldn't complain.