total solar eclipse 2017

Paducah Home Theater

• Moderators

I think we all should show up at Metro's home…for a week :D

I think we should set up at both, and try have it in multiple locations, about 4 hour car ride apart along the route.

Metro and Coytee are about that apart. If weather is bad in one location, can go 4 hours away to get to clear weather.

I'm going to try and call it the

2017 Solar eKlipsch ©,

Get KGI to trademark it and support local events in partnership with Klipsch Heritage Museum Association. Try and get Roy to let us drag a state of the art cinema system up to a cow pasture somewhere, etc.

Goal: Make a astronomical phenomenon even more spectacular and memorable; and help raise funds for the musuem.

It may go nowhere but I am going to float it to them tomorrow and see.

eKlipsch 2017, it's coming.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Richard, that is plenty big. They would come about 10 a.m., listen to music, set up their cameras, set up their own chairs, etc.

Partial phase starts about 1 pm, and totality is about 230 pm, it lasts 2:20 at your house, tear down and give everyone the boot about 5, or whenever you want.

"Stay all night, dance a little longer."

• Moderators

Hmmmmm.... might be a good time to go back to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Now that would be an awesome setting.

Yes it would, I wonder how many hundreds, thousands, probably millions of people will be thinking the same thing. But Yellowstone is overdue to blow up in a cataclysmic event so I am glad I caught that early.

I could see wanting to witness this in a serene and peaceful setting. However, I'm not that guy. I want to piss off Coytee's neighbors and make the whole day an unforgettable experience, topped of by actually looking at what is normally the dark side of the moon obscuring the Sun.

KC is right on the line, but St. Joseph is in prime territory, maybe we can find a volunteer up there in that area?

Who was asking about Indy?  I will probably just plan to be at home in Paducah.  Not much point in traveling 1.5 hours to the farm just to save somebody else an hour or less of driving.  I already have 300+ acres around me in Paducah.  

• Like 1

Hmmmmm.... might be a good time to go back to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Now that would be an awesome setting.

Yes it would, I wonder how many hundreds, thousands, probably millions of people will be thinking the same thing. But Yellowstone is overdue to blow up in a cataclysmic event so I am glad I caught that early.

I could see wanting to witness this in a serene and peaceful setting. However, I'm not that guy. I want to piss off Coytee's neighbors and make the whole day an unforgettable experience, topped of by actually looking at what is normally the dark side of the moon obscuring the Sun.

KC is right on the line, but St. Joseph is in prime territory, maybe we can find a volunteer up there in that area?

Eclipse chasers coming to the mountain west could be disappointed.  Late August is pretty much peak wild land fire season and with all of the smoke in the air, we might not even notice an eclipse.  On the plus side, a smoke haze might enhance the experience and you may not even need eye protection. 

we might not even notice an eclipse.

Isn't it supposed to get dark?

Ha <_< only a minor exaggeration, but you can barely see things around here at the height of a bad fire season.  When the winds are right (or wrong) it's just dark dense haze - can't even see the mountains.  Makes for some interesting sunsets sometimes but is mostly pretty dreary if there are big fires going.

• Like 2