New Belle owner

Rxonmymind

Im sure it will I use to have a 7065 if I remember right loved the look of it. BUDMAN I knew you meant not like a K-HORN I knew it was not easy to get it off....but if you had to it does.

Welcome to the Belle Club. I have used several receivers and amps. I have the Realistic STA2300. Though it's a beast for power and has great SS sound, I like some of my smaller Marantz, Sansui and Harman Kardon for quality.

Great! I'll definitely put the Sony to the test. The sound quality of that receiver has bested two other receivers. Thanks for both of your input.

I'm blown away by this speakers efficiency. Did I read 104db correctly? If so then my Sony STR 7055 @ 40 watts can push these speakers without issue. Yikes.

Welcome to the Belle Club. I have used several receivers and amps. I have the Realistic STA2300. Though it's a beast for power and has great SS sound, I like some of my smaller Marantz, Sansui and Harman Kardon for quality.

I agree. My small Sony STR 7055 has bested the Realistic 2100D & Yamaha RX-777. It's now going up north for a full restoration. Financially it doesn't make sense but being that I'm keeping it for good maybe it'll be worth it. I'm excited about the prospect of pairing these Belle's to a fully restored Sony.

Hopefully restores live up to the hype. If so I have three others to do. Otherwise it'll be the last. Stay tuned.

Edited by Rxonmymind

I'm blown away by this speakers efficiency. Did I read 104db correctly? If so then my Sony STR 7055 @ 40 watts can push these speakers without issue. Yikes.

Yes, you read 104 dB correctly.  That would be the Sound Pressure Level at 1 Meter, at 1 watt input.   Since those ratings don't translate well to real rooms, Paul Klipsch and Don Keele made a chart in 1977.  According to them, in a 3,000 cu. ft. room the Belle Klipsch will produce 113 dB at 40 watts RMS input, at normal listening distance (for them, about 15 feet).  That would be a realistic level for peaks.  90 to 100 dB (0.02 W to 2.0 W) would be more like it for average level for loud passages.  Does your Sony really put out 40 watts RMS from each channel, both channels operating at once?  Even if it doesn't, you probably have more than enough power, unless your room is huge.

Garyc

Thanks for that bit of info. Yes the Sony STR 7055 does push out 40 watts. Fact is I have my Realistic 2100D right now @125 wpc pushing them and while nice it's not as musical as the Sony. So I'm relieved to see that it will be able too.

Right now though I have sent the Sony 7055 in question to Washington to get a full restore on it. In the meantime I'll throw another Sony I just purchased a 7045 model rated at 40-50 wpc on it.

My plan is to have new crossovers in place by the time the fully restored Sony comes back.

Should be interesting to see how they both interact with new caps.

Not a new Belle owner, have had mine for about 35 years. Mine have the ebony finish which I haven't seen on any others, Was curious if anyone knows how many they built with the ebony finish. They are definitely a great speaker and nice to look at. Also was looking for input on replacement receiver. I have been using a Fischer rs1080, also for about 30 years, but I think it croaked. ?? fix it or replace, dilemma...note serial #s on Belles,  8512929 &8512930. year built?

post-63466-0-83060000-1466713819_thumb.j

• Like 2

Not a new Belle owner, have had mine for about 35 years. Mine have the ebony finish which I haven't seen on any others, Was curious if anyone knows how many they built with the ebony finish. They are definitely a great speaker and nice to look at. Also was looking for input on replacement receiver. I have been using a Fischer rs1080, also for about 30 years, but I think it croaked. ?? fix it or replace, dilemma...note serial #s on Belles,  8512929 &8512930. year built?

Wow. Those are beauties. Thanks for sharing:)

Nice.. :wub:

As far as a receiver: lots to select from. I like Sansui, Marantz, Harman Kardon and such.

Also, you might have enough questions and with your special Belle..you could start your own thread. I'd like to see more pictures.  

Great looking finish I have never seen. A Scott tube integrated and new crossover capacitors would take your Belle's to new level of realism.

• 2 weeks later...

huba  huba huba, beautiful speaker.

More pic's of those beauties please!!

• 2 weeks later...

Had my best friend come over for a listen as we have a new grandson that just came home and I'm now a new Grandpa x2. We'll, it was the first time he had the time to listen to it at length. In this photo he wasn't committed as he stood listening. But then he sat down he had the biggest grin ever. Five minutes into it he leaned back and started to enjoy the sound. Klipsch was reaching out & through to a very stubborn person when it comes to sound.

He's pretty picky when it comes to his type of music. He likes Chinese type music like the twelve girls. Forty minutes later he asked how much to buy them. Sadly I told him they were no longer making them. He'd have bought some tomorrow!! I've known him for over a decade and that's how he is if he really likes something. Even my wife likes them. The neighbor. Santa Claus too if he'll come by I'm sure. There something to be said of Klipsch sound.

Thank you Mr. Klipsch.

post-63400-0-92700000-1469337418_thumb.j

Edited by Rxonmymind
  • Like 1