Palladium Sale...

Schu

1. Taking cost out of the equation, how much better do you think the palladium lines is over say the RF-83's and/or RF 7II?  
cost out of the equation. you are getting MUCH NICER looking works of art rather than a big box. and looks out of the equation, you are getting a more refined sound and i would say a small percentage of performance. when you get so high in a food chain it costs alot extra to get that few percent  

What is your gut feeling on Klipsch coming out with an updated Palladium line? I'd hate to buy, then they come out with something much improved or a lower price point with the same technology built in.
i wouldnt sweat this much.

Do the Palladiums have as much bass as the RF-83's or RF 7II? On paper it does not appear so and I'm trying to figure out why Klipsch didn't offer more output down below given the price?  
id say this depends on a room. in my room the p-37's POUNDED! but so do alot of other klipsch speakers i have had in the room. and now my dual 18" subwoofers? forget about it.

I took the plunge and purchase P37's

Will report back how I feel regarding sound!

But I can't wait.

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

I see you asked about the Acurus setup in another thread.  Are you planning on driving the P-37's with the A100x3?  If so, it should be a nice combination.  I think Acurus is about as tonally neutral as you can get.  Nice bass drive also.

Bill

But I can't wait.

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

I see you asked about the Acurus setup in another thread. Are you planning on driving the P-37's with the A100x3? If so, it should be a nice combination. I think Acurus is about as tonally neutral as you can get. Nice bass drive also.

Bill

I thought about it. But don't have that much exp with the Acurus

But since you asked....might as well pick your brain....

Thoughts?

Opinions?

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

But I can't wait.

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

I see you asked about the Acurus setup in another thread. Are you planning on driving the P-37's with the A100x3? If so, it should be a nice combination. I think Acurus is about as tonally neutral as you can get. Nice bass drive also.

Bill

I thought about it. But don't have that much exp with the Acurus

But since you asked....might as well pick your brain....

Thoughts?

Opinions?

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

While I have not owned or heard any Palladiums, I have owned 12 Acurus amps and still own 2.  I have owned all 1st and 2nd generation Acurus amps except for the A80 and the A125x5.  Simplicity, high quality parts, cool running, quiet, neutral, are the first words that come to mind.

I guess you could say I like them. ;):D

So Doc, where are you located?

Bill

Lol....I used to live aboard a boat. My clients used to ask me where do you live. My answer stuck...Always at sea

That the reason for my sig....

I got them espresso finish.

Can't wait. Was sup to have them deliver by today but SOMEONE made a mistake and FedEx won't deliver until TUES.....

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

"Missed it by that much......" -----Maxwell Smart

Sorry, I'll bet you really wanted the long weekend with your new toys... er... uh... I mean speakers.

I was definitely looking forward to the long weekend...now I just want tuesday to be here!

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

The overlooked magic in the palladium line is in the surrounds, yet nobody talks about those. Heard some at scrappy's house, they were one of the few speakers I've ever heard that made me turn my head to see what they were, just instantly grabbed my attention, just so danged smooth. I've yet to be overly impressed with the towers and center considering the price.

Cannibalism...........they all have the same plastic molded tweeter and mid-range horn. The big flagship on down and same as the little surrounds, and then they want $10K apiece for the big ones. Mistake

Just by looking at the pictures, I don't think this is true. The tweeter horn looks the same, but it looks like you get a 9" midrange horn on the P-39 vs the 7" horn on the P-37.

I imagine that 4.5" midrange driver mates very well to the(exactly double sized) 9" horn.