I Pledge Allegiance......

TasDom

• Moderators

Edit: Bullshit... Edited by mungkiman, 06 July 2016 - 10:44 PM.

Erudite.  Mercifully brief, however.  I know, I know, it was exhausting for you, searching for something resembling a thought.

Perhaps you could open up one of your comic books, copy what you see using your crayon, and pretend it came from you.

Do feel free to add something intelligent, even if only once in a great while.  You know, just to provide the exception that proves the rule . . . .

Now the Civil War, that's a whole 'nother story, God clearly liked Abe and hated the South.

Nice sarcasm!

I thought it was satire. I should have prayed for Devine Guidance and perhaps I would have been more successful. Sarcasm, so be it (Amen)

• Moderators

dwi, you must be a very unhappy man. As full of opprobrium as incorrect "understanding".

It is clear that you are not a man to be reasoned with. So, let's simply part ways, shall we?

Edit: Oh, and God makes clear that He does not "hate" people, nor nations. He gave all of Himself in order to deliver us from our desserts (perhaps you prefer the original "deserts"). He does, however, hate sin.

I am extremely happy, ask anyone on here who has met me in person.

I simply asked for a source that the founding fathers were a "godly people" inspired by their God to come up with the Declaration or the Constitution. If they were that should be easy to come up with. Maybe I simply misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Hate was too strong of a word on my part. One should never use descriptors of human emotions in describing the action of God.

Let me state it another way:

God loved Abe and the North who were Godly people, the South, apparently not so much.

God loves Notre Dame.

I think you may be confusing God with Touchdown Jesus.....

attachicon.giftouchdown-jesus1.jpg

Blasphemer!!!!!

• Moderators

Rair!  Saucer of milk, table 5.

Edit: Bullshit... Edited by mungkiman, 06 July 2016 - 10:44 PM.

Erudite.  Mercifully brief, however.  I know, I know, it was exhausting for you, searching for something resembling a thought.

Perhaps you could open up one of your comic books, copy what you see using your crayon, and pretend it came from you.

Do feel free to add something intelligent, even if only once in a great while.  You know, just to provide the exception that proves the rule . . . .

Don't forget Table 2

My, my.  Touchy, aren’t we boys?

Undoubtedly, your mother continuously told you how “special” you were, and never shared the reality with you.

You know, it really is not often that I come across men males who are quite so . . . e m o t I o n a l.

Well, g’night.  Am sure Mom will remember the night light for you.

• Moderators

Why is there always a drunken Uncle prattling on about some lengthy, pointless, unsubstantiated drivel about 'Kids these days' on every forum, regardless of the topic?

Why are so many of them conservative?

Don't they have relatives to irritate?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Apparently not until Thanksgiving.

Is Tapatalk an unmoderated platform? There doesn't seem to be any way to shut the tap on most Geezers without one.

It's really interesting, those of us that dared go ashore learned about the rest of our neight

Sent from my HP 10 G2 Tablet using Tapatalk

...neighbors, those that cowered in the can kept their own counsel as it rattled endlessly around the same, familiar walls. It's the same cadre of lifers that decry 'sociaism' while cashing benefit checks and visiting the VA for prostate trouble that suggest, without any sense of irony, that a Theocracy might be a workable method of governance.

I always wondered why former shipmates passed on educational benefits and derided the upper ranks.

Better to stay in the same berth for twenty and cash out, I guess. It's passed time we treat these dragging anchors like they did us a favor when the biggest risk they ever faced was falling overboard at night.

...neighbors, those that cowered in the can kept their own counsel as it rattled endlessly around the same, familiar walls. It's the same cadre of lifers that decry 'sociaism' while cashing benefit checks and visiting the VA for prostate trouble that suggest, without any sense of irony, that a Theocracy might be a workable method of governance.

I always wondered why former shipmates passed on educational benefits and derided the upper ranks.

Better to stay in the same berth for twenty and cash out, I guess. It's passed time we treat these dragging anchors like they did us a favor when the biggest risk they ever faced was falling overboard at night.

At least they signed the dotted line for the potential.  I was always a coward when it comes to that.

• Like 1

Apparently you have some "issues" with former "shipmates" as well as other things.....I would politely ask you one time to refrain from negatively commenting on ANY current or former service personnel.  There are plenty of other internet forums that you can go to that will welcome you with open arms.

• Like 1

I don't understand the purpose, the "facts", or the reason for the hostile tone of:  "It's the same cadre of lifers that decry 'sociaism' while cashing benefit checks and visiting the VA for prostate trouble"

From the “Military Times” today:

New VA study finds 20 veterans commit suicide each day.

In 2014, the latest year available, more than 7,400 veterans took their own lives, accounting for 18 percent of all suicides in America. Veterans make up less than 9 percent of the U.S. population.

About 70 percent of veterans who took their own lives were not regular users of VA services.

My personal presumption and starting point is appreciation for a group of people who, for whatever their reasons, did what the large majority of citizens do not do.  I leaven that with life experience, and the understanding that all groups have their own bell curve of performers.  

My "bias" is toward gratitude.  I find that much more appropriate than derision.

Edited by JiminSTL

• Moderators

Having just caught up with this thread, I have no problem letting it live but personal attacks will lock it down.

Ban the offending user. This thread has existed peacefully for a while now.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 2