I Pledge Allegiance......

TasDom

• Moderators

Now the Civil War, that's a whole 'nother story, God clearly liked Abe and hated the South.

Nice sarcasm!

I looked it up, it's a fact.

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, . . . ."

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

See right there. The North struggle back and forth, a terrible ugly battle at Gettysburg, a dedication of a burial ground by President Lincoln declaring the North to be under God, and Gettysburg becomes the turning point in the war. No other conclusion can be drawn.

TRUTH

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think you may be confusing God with Touchdown Jesus.....

Had a short break to look this up too.

"On September 25, 2012, Notre Dame announced that it would exercise its option to end the rivalry [with Michigan] after the 2014 season. Michigan head coach Brady Hoke took issue with Notre Dame's decision, going so far as to say Notre Dame was "chickening out".[49] At the end of Michigan's 41–30 victory over Notre Dame on September 7, 2013, the speakers at Michigan Stadium loudly played, " The Chicken Dance ". However, on September 5, 2014, at Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame defeated Michigan 31–0 in the last scheduled meeting between these two schools."

It's a fact, God loves Notre Dame.

• Like 1

"On September 25, 2012, Notre Dame announced that it would exercise its option to end the rivalry [with Michigan]

Snip!

However, on September 5, 2014, at Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame defeated Michigan 31–0 in the last scheduled meeting between these two schools."

It's a fact, God loves Notre Dame.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc?  :lol:

Disclaimer:  I am NOT intervening, taking sides or participating in this "discussion" in any way.  I just like arguing with lawyers.  * 

* Friendly, successful lawyers  :D

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

However, on September 5, 2014, at Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame defeated Michigan 31–0 in the last scheduled meeting between these two schools."

Yes, I know, I was there.....a troubling sight indeed...However, although it is said that God loves Notre Dame, it is equally true that we all hate Ohio State....and who are we to question Westboro Baptist Church?

http://thelantern.com/2011/09/westboro-baptist-church-god-hates-ohio-state-university/

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just a friendly reminder. Stay within the TOS! Our boss is watching!!!!

Are bans permanent or a state of purgatory where someone can come back to heaven after some cleansing? :ph34r:

Generally, a ban is permanent if Chad or the moderating team institute the ban. We have had some members "self impose" their own ban and they are reconsidered on a case by case basis.

I used to want to help people off their religious crutches, but then I finally came to appreciate just letting them alone.  There's not much to accomplish by popping balloons.

I avoid it too. To believe that everyone will one day rejoin loved ones is wonderful. I have nothing to gain by changing that.