Khorns Chicago

ZEUS121996

I've seen Belles as low as $200 last year. My single was $600 but needs to be refinished. I think the Khorns dominate, then Lascala/Belles, then CWs. If you throw Chorus 2s in there, they are right with the CWs. If Belles were as common as CWs, they would go for slightly more than LaScalas because they are a nicer finish.

Web, IMO Heresys are overpriced and the Quartet is undervalued, side by side the Quartet hammers the Heresy. I should have said Quartets go for $350-450, the Forte 2 should be closer to $650. I see Fortes go for $500 every now and then, which is a bargain. There is no reason for Heresys to go for $500, but I guess it's the cool thing to have. I sold my 88 RB Heresys on EBay a couple years ago for $700 plus shipping to SF. So the guy paid $820 for Heresys, god I wish I could find a few more of those buyers out there

Just to throw a little gas on the fire, I don't think the Chorus 2s are that much better than the Forte 2s, at least not 3-400 better

Mark

The Belle are the prettiest speaker cabinet made. That's one of the reasons they cost what they do.

I've not owned the Quartet, so I can't talk about them from experience. I have no doubt that they out do the Heresy.

The Chorus II are a step above the CW. If you put a $550 to $650 tag on the CW, then the C II will be 300 to 400 higher. 

One of our fellow forum members just sold a pair of Heresy for $700. In June, these sold for more that $1,000.

Condition, location and desperation has the most to do with the price spectrum.  

• Like 1

It was a smooth transition and the seller was a very nice guy, these were his fathers K horns he had them for the last 18 years.

very nice shape and all the drivers were singing......................

Ok a couple of pairs coming up for sale..... (Chorus I)  (KG 5.5) (Cornwall) 

Keeping the LaScala, KLF-30,Chorus II, Heresy, and maybe one of the above...................................................

IMG_3313[1].JPG

8 minutes ago, Zappa Freak said:

It was a smooth transition and the seller was a very nice guy, these were his fathers K horns he had them for the last 18 years.

very nice shape and all the drivers were singing......................

Ok a couple of pairs coming up for sale..... (Chorus I)  (KG 5.5) (Cornwall) 

Keeping the LaScala, KLF-30,Chorus II, Heresy, and maybe one of the above...................................................

IMG_3313[1].JPG

VERY nice, I paid more for less and I didn't get the cardboard :) .  Enjoy.

2 minutes ago, Zappa Freak said:

cardboard was removed it had one staple.. his idea of a false corner

removed? What, that didn't come at the listed price? Now you done undid the modification what was done. Good deal man, yanking chain. Mike

19 minutes ago, Zappa Freak said:

cardboard was removed it had one staple.. his idea of a false corner

I will clean them up and put up another pic.

Nice buy, I think you did good.  In any case I think you can double your money if/when you decide to sell.

In the mean time, enjoy!

• Like 1

Congrats -- good buy!  Those are worth more than $1,200.  They are Klipschorns for Pete's sake!!

In my experience (which I have owned all of these), the Cornwalls (both I and II) are second only to the Klipschorn.  I prefer them slightly over the La Scala/Belle due to the lower bass response.  The Chorus IIs, while nice speakers, fall shorter on my list than most. I actually prefer the Forte over them which probably nobody else does.

• Like 3

very pleased with my new Horns still only edge out the LaScala by a fraction (have the crites crossover/tweeters).

Have not set them up in the corners yet it may make a difference. Here are a couple pics of the semi cleaned up

speakers. Thanks all for the comments and I will not be flipping these.003.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zappa Freak said:

very pleased with my new Horns still only edge out the LaScala by a fraction (have the crites crossover/tweeters).

Have not set them up in the corners yet it may make a difference.

On the highs, the stock Khorn might not be as crisp. In the corner, the bass is a lot better from the Khorn. 

You might want to move the upgrades to the Khorn.