Sought After Klipsch Speakers

frankhenrylee

Hello all,

I've recently got the Klipsch bug. I live in Arkansas where some of the nicer and older ones are/were made so they have an added bit of nostalgia and coolness. I've seen some old ones on Craigslist and was just wondering if anyone has ever done a pricing guide or a "Most Sought After" list? I have no idea which ones to look for, but would like to add a pair of older ones that were built down in Hope, AR. I travel the state as a network engineer and actually drove past the factory by chance a couple years back. I was like "oh look, there's the Klipsch factory." I was in the middle of nowhere(lots of places fit that description here) so it was kind of a surprise. 

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

Sure, there are lots of pre-listened to Klipsch speakers are out there!  We see a lot from Arkansas.  I'll throw out just a few with average pricing for speakers in good condition, stock.  These could be found +/- $200 depending on a lot of conditions.  If you are patient, deals can be found.

• Heresy:  $400
  • Forte: $600
  • Chorus: $800
  • Cornwall: $900
  • La Scala: $1250
  • Belles: $2,000
  • Klipschorn (Khorn): $3,000

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Sure, there are lots of pre-listened to Klipsch speakers are out there!  We see a lot from Arkansas.  I'll throw out just a few with average pricing for speakers in good condition, stock.  These could be found +/- $200 depending on a lot of conditions.  If you are patient, deals can be found.

• Heresy:  $400
  • Forte: $600
  • Chorus: $800
  • Cornwall: $900
  • La Scala: $1250
  • Belles: $2,000
  • Klipschorn (Khorn): $3,000

wvu80,

Somewhat high.

If you are looking for buyers prices, many times you can find much more reasonable deals

Heresy and Forte are all over the place but close.  I would think more like:

• Chorus/II: $650-750
  • Cornwall/II: $650-800
  • La Scala: $800-1000
  • Belles: $2,000-2200 (asking up to 3k)
  • Klipschorn (Khorn): $1500-2200 (asking up to 3-4k)

My opinion, at least in TX and across the south.  Of course depends on condition also.  A lot of real folks (not us crazy people on this forum) don't baby their speakers and audio systems so condition is all over the map also.

• Like 1

If you're looking for the more rare Klipsch speakers then look for finishes that were not the standard Cherry, Walnut, Oak, Black Ash, Birch Raw, etc. But look for ones that have veneers such as: Rosenut, Mahogany, Rosewood, Ramblin' Rose, Teak, etc. (that list is pretty long). Some even prefer a different grill option other than black (there's cane grills on my Cornwalls).

3 hours ago, pzannucci said:

wvu80, Somewhat high.

If you are looking for buyers prices, many times you can find much more reasonable deals

Heresy and Forte are all over the place but close.  I would think more like:

Yeah, there were a couple of speakers I wasn't sure of, Cornwalls in particular.  You were more specific and your pricing looked pretty good.

I didn't want to get into all the details of pricing on speakers, just kind of throw out a starting point.  That way the OP could get a general idea of value.  Since these speakers have been around decades and have versions 2 and 3 there is going to be some range in price.

If the OP went shopping using your price listings he would do just fine.  :cool:

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Yeah, there were a couple of speakers I wasn't sure of, Cornwalls in particular.  You were more specific and your pricing looked pretty good.

I didn't want to get into all the details of pricing on speakers, just kind of throw out a starting point.  That way the OP could get a general idea of value.  Since these speakers have been around decades and have versions 2 and 3 there is going to be some range in price.

If the OP went shopping using your price listings he would do just fine.  :cool:

Yes, and of course, it matters what  you are really willing to pay.  Don't seem too anxious. ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ricktate said:

A pair of 1979 Ks on craigslist Springfield for 3000.00 right now. Birch raw it sys but they are poly coated looks like. Looks like fair price from pics.

All over the map.  Pair of 93's in black for $1800 on Austin's craigslist and another in oak for $2750. Look like late 80's.

4 hours ago, pzannucci said:

All over the map.  Pair of 93's in black for $1800 on Austin's craigslist and another in oak for $2750. Look like late 80's.

I think this is where we can be of some help to the OP.  Did you look at the $1800 Khorn ad?  It looks like a scam.

Huge awesome speakers made for an opera center or large studio

Speakers made for an Opera Center?  That's pretty specific marketing.

20k new

Really?  Khorns that cost $20 thousand, new?  Hmmm.

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/5818868502.html

I noticed there is a known scam alert for Klipsch speakers in the area. 

SCAM - Klipsch Speakers

I would urge extreme caution when buying Klipsch on CL in that area right now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I think this is where we can be of some help to the OP.  Did you look at the $1800 Khorn ad?  It looks like a scam.

I noticed there is a known scam alert for Klipsch speakers in the area. 

SCAM - Klipsch Speakers

I would urge extreme caution when buying Klipsch on CL in that area right now.

I guess I should call the # to see what info I can get.  Registered to Doorway Ministries and does have a location but you are correct, always approach good deals with skepticism, even on these forums as I have pointed out in the past.

I do know I have sold khorns due to different house moves (running out of corners) in the area, pristine, from $1k - $1800 for my last pair which were pristine oak 85's with Crite's tweeters.  Guess I was to anxious.

9 hours ago, frankhenrylee said:

Hmmm, interesting. One thing I've been wondering about is if the labels are really signed by the workers or if they are just printed that way? I could see it being signed in then past but nowadays may just be printed. Brenda seems to have tested a lot of speakers.

Signed.

Of course the Klipschorn is the flagship product and the speaker you want if you have the room and corners for them. I really like the Chorus and forte models myself as they are a little easier to move around and a lot more flexible when it comes to placement.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:21 PM, frankhenrylee said:

Hello all,

I've recently got the Klipsch bug. I live in Arkansas where some of the nicer and older ones are/were made so they have an added bit of nostalgia and coolness. I've seen some old ones on Craigslist and was just wondering if anyone has ever done a pricing guide or a "Most Sought After" list? I have no idea which ones to look for, but would like to add a pair of older ones that were built down in Hope, AR. I travel the state as a network engineer and actually drove past the factory by chance a couple years back. I was like "oh look, there's the Klipsch factory." I was in the middle of nowhere(lots of places fit that description here) so it was kind of a surprise. 

Thanks for the help!

Not a bad idea.