Cubs and Indians

JJkizak

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Oh man, I love World Series game 7's......

The game's over, my soldering is over. 

I have a nice Hakko FX-888D and even with a nice soldering station I solder about as well as the Indians hit tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I solder about as well as the Indians hit tonight.

Its probably better than you think. Unless dealing with sensitive components, I always like to pre-tin what I'm soldering if possible. Then they just "want" to go together.

Good pitching beats good hitting.

In my case I was soldering mostly the usual components with the thin leads, no problem.  I also had to do a few speaker wires, again no problem.

My problem was with the 6" long 18 AWG solid core wire I used as a bridge because some leads were too short.  I think I needed more heat to heat the solid wire so I could flow the solder from the other side.  I usually like to use 750 degrees but I went to 800 for the solid wire.  It was enough but just barely.

The Overnight Sensation XO's weren't hard to do, I've just been procrastinating.  I'm glad to finally get them done.  :)

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Charlie Sheen is on his way.  What role they let him have in the game if any is yet to be determined.  

There was a lot of mixed reaction to him throwing out the first ball so they picked somebody else.

JJK

I think they'd be entirely stupid to let this opportunity pass by.  The fans want it if nothing else.  His tweet announcing that he's on his way had over 26,000 retweets.  That's a lot of excitement.  Being able to recreate a movie moment like this is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity.  He doesn't have to throw the first pitch but some type of appearance would be awesome.  They do all kinds of other stuff to pump the crowd up and keep them interested in between innings anyway, so why pass up the ultimate opportunity for this by letting him walk out with Wild Thing playing?  Just absolutely stupid to block this.  The crowd would go nuts and movie guys like me who don't like watching baseball would actually tune in to catch a glimpse of it.  

I mean, it's really no different than "back to the future day" last October 21, in 2015.  That was the day that Marty McFly went into the future.  Everybody got in on the fun.  Pepsi had a limited release can design.  USA Today had a fake front page the following day which is the day that Doc bought the newspaper and saw Marty on the front.  It even revolved around the Cubs and the world series, which they are capitalizing on now.  That day was a once in a lifetime opportunity to recreate some movie magic.  I literally don't understand Cleveland saying bah humbug to this.  

12 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Just absolutely stupid to block this.

Respectfully disagree.  To let a disgraced drug addict throw out the first pitch would be a huge and unnecessary distraction from the most interesting World Series game in decades.

Find an honored former Indian player or fan to throw out the first pitch.  You never have to second-guess going first class.

Let the game be the main attraction.