Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

2 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

You know something, I am from CT but I was actually thinking of taking a road trip and going to tell you the truth! How many here are going?

I honestly don't know the numbers. I have been to the last two and it was growing. What you want is what it is and yea, that is abstract but the truth, Be cool, enjoy and there is zero problem with anyone. See a bit thru these posts: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/35-the-klipsch-pilgrimage-forum-meetups/

1 minute ago, AaronB123 said:

What exactly happens at these gatherings? 

Get to a motel in Hope or camp on site. Meet a bunch of cool folks that are either drinking, smoking a cigar or not. Listen to music. Eat. Eat again. Did you get something to drink? Go to the factory, meet more folks, don't be shy! Tour the plant, ask questions. Take pics. Listen to current and future products. Lunch with the employees..chat. See the museum and get schooled by the folks that know. Meet the engineers (talk bass fishing). Go to the meeting grounds. Fly a kite, fish. drink, eat, listen to pro Klipsch, buy /sell, have a Carl slushie.....ok, I'm tired of typing

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Ya, he actually just contacted me and said he finally got through with someone at Klipsch and we suspected they did give the original speakers to another buyer but did start production on the second pair and said 4-6 weeks turnaround. I told him to just go ahead and cancel it, the 70th anniversary were the ones I wanted in the first place, I just decided to go that route to save some money but we see how that turned out. 

I did get the email from paypal that he sent me the partial refund so that should be on my card by tomorrow I am guessing. According to him, the rest of the money that he hasn't refunded yet was his profit so I am assuming what happened with that is he already spent it and he is going to need some time to get it back to refund me the rest. 

If you open a claim with PP, you should have your money back in a couple days.25% of 12K is 3K. Money's a little tight now with me being off work, if you could loan me 3K, I can get it back to you in 6 months with a 5% return:D:D:D

Quit being a nice guy, if it overdraws his account, that's not your problem. What he's doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

FILE THE CLAIM, F*CK 'EM

Mark

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

If you open a claim with PP, you should have your money back in a couple days.25% of 12K is 3K. Money's a little tight now with me being off work, if you could loan me 3K, I can get it back to you in 6 months with a 5% return:D:D:D

Quit being a nice guy, if it overdraws his account, that's not your problem. What he's doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

FILE THE CLAIM, F*CK 'EM

Mark

3K?  What the $3,000/25% relate to?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Travis

I'm guessing the 70th edition K horns Aaron bought might have been a deal for 12K. The dealer still owes him 25% if I'm reading the thread correctly. So Aaron would be out 3K the dealer hasn't refunded

Mark

Got it, they said they were giving him 75% refund and holding 25% until it is refunded, I missed that originally . 

• Like 1

Lol no he's talking about the original dealer I had that fell through. What he is referring to is that the dealer gave me 75% of what I paid back as  a refund but said it will take some time to get the rest. It wasn't the full 12k though so he doesn't still owe me 3k but definitely enough for me to be concerned and want my money back. 

The 70th anniversary speaker deal is moving along just fine, those have already shipped and are on their way. I didn't pay full retail for those either though 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

And I think the 70th edition was more like 17K retail so the dealer is still holding $4250 if Aaron paid retail

Mark

The key is how much the dealer had to pay on his CC to KGI to secure order, and without getting into the specifics, 75% of retail isn't making sense.

I think Aaron paid in full, I agree the dealer obviously has wholesale pricing, but when a dealer is on CC, usually they have to pay the amount in full, because they don't follow the net 30 60, 90 day program and lose their credit line.

I don't know the margins on speakers, golf equipment usually has a retail margin of 40% so a $1000 set of iron costs the dealer $600. If I continually fail to pay on time, they will put me on CC, payment in full before shipment of any equipment.

I agree 75% of retail isn't the right number, in any event, the dealer is holding Aaron's money for no good reason

Mark

5 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Don't you mean a cost of $714 to the dealer?

Retail on golf equipment is 40%profit margin, so a set that costs me $600 would retail for 1K. Retail isn't realistic, usually gear can be had fro 20% off retail or $200 binging the consumers price down to $800. I'm not sure where you came up with $714

Aaron paid 8K that the dealer paid 6K for. In retail that is a 25% profit margin. He's using the 2K he owes Aaron to pay other past due bills, so he can float between payments with those accounts now current. He's in a nasty cycle that he will have a hard time getting out of.Eventually, suppliers/manufacturers are all owed money and the dealer is in full spin.

Aaron, you need to file a claim with PP NOW, I have no idea how deep the guy is in but if he goes BK tomorrow, you will end up with nada. I watched a biz associate do this same thing for about 1 1/2 years before he imploded. He owed the companies 800K and me 80K

Mark

7 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Retail on golf equipment is 40%profit margin, so a set that costs me $600 would retail for 1K. Retail isn't realistic, usually gear can be had fro 20% off retail or $200 binging the consumers price down to $800. I'm not sure where you came up with $714

Aaron paid 8K that the dealer paid 6K for. In retail that is a 25% profit margin. He's using the 2K he owes Aaron to pay other past due bills, so he can float between payments with those accounts now current. He's in a nasty cycle that he will have a hard time getting out of.Eventually, suppliers/manufacturers are all owed money and the dealer is in full spin.

Aaron, you need to file a claim with PP NOW, I have no idea how deep the guy is in but if he goes BK tomorrow, you will end up with nada. I watched a biz associate do this same thing for about 1 1/2 years before he imploded. He owed the companies 800K and me 80K

Mark

Holy shit! I hope to God you got your money back!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Mark

Hey, about that set of wedges I ordered.....