Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

7 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Alright so I spoke with Klipsch and have to say I am pretty upset with what they told me. (respectful SNIP! I just wanted to reference the post)

Ah, Aaron that was your worst nightmare!  You speculated you were getting the runaround and you were correct, and now you know why.

I don't fault Klipsch for trying to get the order through "behind the scenes" and I do give them kudos for being transparent with you know that they know what happened and what the consequences were for you.  It does seem to me Klipsch, Inc does owe you some special treatment because of what their dealer put you through.

If only there was a Klipsch dealer who posted here MetropolisLakeOutfitters  who you might call and try to work a deal with.  Maybe he could sell you the speakers and have them drop shipped to your home.  I don't know what is best, but MLO is an outstanding Klipsch Forumite and even if he couldn't sell you the speakers I feel sure he would give you solid advice.

+++

My vote is for you to take a few days to mull this over, maybe take in some more advice from those on this board, then of course you will make up your own mind on this.  Then I vote you go ahead and order your speakers.

• Like 2

That actually happened to me once, I switched from a sole proprietor to an LLC and had to switch bank accounts.  I didn't realize they had my card on file in two different places and I missed one.  They don't really let it go unnoticed when it is declined though, they have an army of accountants that will call and email you.  So, I can understand an innocent mistake, but I can't imagine having no idea what happened two weeks later especially if they were actively trying to figure it out.  

• Like 2

I would certainly vote to cancel.  I would then start looking for a REALLY nice pair of used Khorns in a finish that suits your needs, update the crossovers and drivers, and then take your significant other out to a super nice evening, just thinking about all of those thousands of dollars you just saved, and your bonehead dealer just blew......

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

That actually happened to me once, I switched from a sole proprietor to an LLC and had to switch bank accounts.  I didn't realize they had my card on file in two different places and I missed one.  They don't really let it go unnoticed when it is declined though, they have an army of accountants that will call and email you.  So, I can understand an innocent mistake, but I can't imagine having no idea what happened two weeks later especially if they were actively trying to figure it out.  

Ya, it seems like throughout this whole thing I am the one that has been calling and playing detective about all of this. Truthfully I am the one that found out about the whole credit card issue about 2 weeks ago when I called they said, "ya theres a problem you better contact your dealer and talk to them before we can finalize this order" I had to contact him and tell him. He said he straightened it out that's why I didn't mention it I didn't wanna throw anyone under the bus but this is unbelievable already. 

From the begining I found it really funny that he didn't realize he hadn't been charged such a big amount for the speakers. 

On 12/3/2016 at 6:11 PM, AaronB123 said:

Ya, a huge reason I don't want to let any of my gear go is the condition it is in, especially the La Scala's I couldn't have asked for a better pair they are pretty much mint. Not to mention the guy that sold them to me was a huge Klipsch fan and was really upset that he had to sell them. I told him I'd never get rid of them and thats a promise I intend to keep. 

Yes, once they're paid for keep'em. Let someone else worry about them after your gone:)

Back in the day I ordered a new pair of LaScalas through a dealer. I can't remember all the goings on(like how long it took) but I don't remeber it being a bad experience.

• Like 1

Just now, Wolfbane said:

I suspect that Klipsch could (and should) make your new Khorns much quicker than in 2 months if they decide to do so.

Ya, idk last I heard the waiting time was 2 weeks but I'm gonna tell ya what I did. I cancelled the order with this dealer I had been dealing with and just went ahead and ordered the pair I really wanted from the begining which was the 70th anniversary ones! I ordered them from a place I have been doing business with since I was a kid and bought my first pair of speakers. JBL S310's They actually gave me a very good deal. Same day shipping, I spoke to the guy he had them in stock said he was looking right at them. 

Place I am talking about is Onecall.com how many of you have heard of them? They are actually the same place I ordered my Klipsch subs from as well. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AaronB123 said:

Ya, idk last I heard the waiting time was 2 weeks but I'm gonna tell ya what I did. I cancelled the order with this dealer I had been dealing with and just went ahead and ordered the pair I really wanted from the begining which was the 70th anniversary ones! I ordered them from a place I have been doing business with since I was a kid and bought my first pair of speakers. JBL S310's They actually gave me a very good deal. Same day shipping, I spoke to the guy he had them in stock said he was looking right at them. 

Place I am talking about is Onecall.com how many of you have heard of them? They are actually the same place I ordered my Klipsch subs from as well. 

One Call is the online arm of Huppin's Hi Fi. Huppin's has been in Spokane, WA like forever. I saw a new pair of regular Khorn's there a couple of years back on the sales floor. They were discounted as they were no longer a stocked item and the person who ordered them through One Call backed out. 

My Cornwall's from 1979 (now sold) originally came from Huppin's in Spokane. The wife saw the physical size of KH's during that visit and stopped complaining that my Cornwalls were too big. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfbane said:

One Call is the online arm of Huppin's Hi Fi. Huppin's has been in Spokane, WA like forever. I saw a new pair of regular Khorn's there a couple of years back on the sales floor. They were discounted as they were no longer a stocked item and the person who ordered them through One Call backed out. 

My Cornwall's from 1979 (now sold) originally came from Huppin's in Spokane. The wife saw the physical size of KH's during that visit and stopped complaining that my Cornwalls were too big. 

Wow, I didn't know they had an actual store. They've actually always been very good to me though the online chat assistance has always been top notch. I remember when I was younger and a Bose fanatic I decided to speak with the guy. I  was dead set on buying a pair of Bose 701's and I told the guy what I was looking for in terms of sound quality and he steered me away from them and to the JBL S310's which were over 100 dollars cheaper at the time. So, they saved me money and got me a really nice speaker. Nothing like what I've got now of course but at the time I loved those speakers dearly! Come to think of it, I wonder why they didn't recommend me Klipsch back then but if memory serves me correctly I believe I told the guy I wanted the most bass heavy speaker they had for my price point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

Great news! Congrats on your choices...

• Like 2

Well, outstanding, Aaron!

You did it your way and picked up some speakers any one of us here would love to have.

Make sure you have a camera crew standing by for the unboxing.  A full blown Youtube vid with some demo tunes would be appropriate for the occasion allowing your Forum Friends to live vicariously though you, at least for a while.  :cool:

+++

Hey, I'm not kidding!  Some of those unboxing vids get millions of views!  If you monetize it It might even pay for your Khorns!

Look at this idiot unboxing a couple of Iphone 7's in different colors.  Almost 8 million views!

Here is a cool RF-7 unboxing vid.  I know you can beat this one.  B)

• Like 1

Aaron

I really find it hard to believe in these days that a credit card would be declined and no one at Klipsch would contact the dealer. I also know that if a dealer has a credit card with a limit under 50-100K he has problems. IDK about stereo gear but with golf equipment, I had no limit as to how much I could order. I ordered 130K from TM and it was shipped immediately. I also had it set up so it billed my credit card at the end of the month, thereby entitling me to an additional 2% discount. And since I had it set up on a Chase card, I got the mileage as an added bonus. Any dealer who's credit card for 15K gets declined won't be in business much longer. Being COD is a sign of the ship sinking. Be thankful he didn't take your money and then go BK, that would be a disaster.

Order your speakers through someone like MLO and have them dropped shipped to your door, I'm sure he can get the build moving along and maybe get you a better price than you originally had for all the bullshit you've been put through

Now, what is the name of the dealer and his location so nobody else gets on the sinking ship and ends up getting f*cked? Help protect your forum brothers from taking it in the shorts please

Mark

• Like 2

Ok so it was not KLIPSCH fault at all.....lets get that straight. I was kind of critical of them at first . So sorry for jumping to conclusions. I did not want to believe it was KLIPSCH fault so that is a relief....

Glad you found those awesome 70th ones wish I could afford those. Do video the unboxing though that would so AWESOME. Wish I did video of  my Scalas but then that would be on VHS..lol.

When they get there better have 2 other guys there to help. Do not throw away those boxes PLEASE. If you can not store them someone here will be able to. There have been a lot of people needing the boxes and they are expensive to get.

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Make sure you have a camera crew standing by for the unboxing.  A full blown Youtube vid with some demo tunes would be appropriate for the occasion allowing your Forum Friends to live vicariously though you, at least for a while.  :cool:

+++

Hey, I'm not kidding!  Some of those unboxing vids get millions of views!  If you monetize it It might even pay for your Khorns!

As insane as it sounds, Google "Diane DeJesus".  Actually, scratch that at least at work, she's kind of a former adult star.  But, she literally rakes in $5 million per year unboxing these stupid Disney toys and whatnot and playing with them.  She only records her hands, her boyfriend is a professional photographer and makes it look good.  She has this squeaky immature voice and paints her fingernails in crazy ways, it's been described as crack for toddlers, they can't get enough of it and watch this stuff like it's a TV show.  Since her story came out there has been quite the explosion of people trying to copy her business model.  

• Like 2

Ya, I will definitely post many pictures and all that when they arrive. Good news is, they already shipped. They actually shipped about an hour after I ordered them. See, that's how you do business!!! I will say the dealer already gave me a refund of about 75% of what I paid, said it would take a couple weeks for the rest which I guess isn't the biggest deal. He said he needs to wait until he gets the full refund from Klipsch before he can give me the rest which I guess is understandable. Truthfully I didn't even expect him to give me any of the refund until he got his money back from Klipsch.  I don't know if I really wanna say the persons name and give them a bad rep because they have been very polite and cooperative about the whole thing and actually did get very good reviews on google. 

I think this may have just been one of them things where pretty much everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I can assure you though it's no one I found on this site or have ever seen on this site.