Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

Well, As some may know I have been on the lookout for some Klipschorns and after long hard thinking and research I decided to just buy a brand new pair through a dealer I found online that gave me a really great price. I figured I am at a place in life where I can afford it and the speakers will last me forever and music is a huge passion of mine so why not! So I ordered them and much to my surprise they finished building them in just 2 weeks. 

Here's where the problem is. They have been sitting for over a week now and when I call Klipsch customer service no one seems to be able to figure out why they haven't shipped yet. Unfortunately they really don't seem to know much of what's going on and 9 times out of 10 when I try to call I get a message saying we are in a business meeting please try your call again later which usually lasts the whole day. Today I got a guy that actually was trying to be helpful, he said he was going to call down to the building department and get back to me but unfortunately he never called me back.  Has anyone else ordered heritage speakers or anything from them for that matter? How has your experience been? 

• Like 1

Thanks for buying new and congrats on the KHorns! I am a little confused though, if you ordered through a dealer why are you not asking the dealer to handle it? The dealer made the sale, enjoyed the profit and is responsible for delivery. I would be so far up the dealer's azz they could not swallow.

• Like 5

Just now, USNRET said:

Thanks for buying new and congrats on the KHorns! I am a little confused though, if you ordered through a dealer why are you not asking the dealer to handle it? The dealer made the sale, enjoyed the profit and is responsible for delivery. I would be so far up the dealer's azz they could not swallow.

Well the dealer gave me the order number and I have contacted him, he says he contacted them multiple times and pretty much says the same thing I say which is no one really know's whats going on and they are impossible to get a hold of half the time. In all honesty though at this point I think it's more in Klipsch's hands than his. He placed the order, and anything after that is up to Klipsch. 

Sorry to hear this Aaron... I hope you get them soon...

Man I just gotta say, you have come a long way in a short time my friend... It just seemed like yesterday you were posting about your Chorus... I've been gathering Klipsch for over 25 years and still don't own Khorns, much less new ones...

You go Aaron :emotion-21::emotion-21:...... 

MKP :-)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AaronB123 said:

Well the dealer gave me the order number and I have contacted him, he says he contacted them multiple times and pretty much says the same thing I say which is no one really know's whats going on and they are impossible to get a hold of half the time. In all honesty though at this point I think it's more in Klipsch's hands than his. He placed the order, and anything after that is up to Klipsch. 

I hate that crap. I ordered NAD from a dealer and after a long time I contacted NAD who had no record of the order (I paid in advance to get a discount). My NAD dealer was not honest.

There are peeps here that can help.

GET THIS MAN HIS HORNS!

• Like 1

The only thing I am hoping for is perhaps they did ship but the system is slow to update and any day now I'll have a surprise delivery but I'm more leaning towards they haven't shipped yet. I know they are very big items and it's not like they can just ship them out via usps but after the money I spent I would like to think they would move as quickly as possible. 

9 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Sorry to hear this Aaron... I hope you get them soon...

Man I just gotta say, you have come a long way in a short time my friend... It just seemed like yesterday you were posting about your Chorus... I've been gathering Klipsch for over 25 years and still don't own Khorns, much less new ones...

You go Aaron :emotion-21::emotion-21:...... 

MKP :-)

Ya, I fell in love with the sound! I keep telling myself I'll be satisfied after I get the next pair up but then in the back of my mind I'm always thinking, well if those sound this good I can't imagine how good these will sound. In the back of my mind throughout every purchase I made I knew my end goal was the Klipschorns. I remember when I was younger and bought my first pair of Klipsch speakers (the Pro media 2.1 computer speakers) And just for the hell of it decided to check out their website and look at their speakers, I stumbled across the Klipschorns and knew they were the coolest speaker's I had ever seen and that was before ever even hearing a Heritage speaker. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Oh that explains it being as you are a Yankee and the Khorns are made in Arkansas.

Well, we let bygones be bygones down here...but we ARE talking about Hope time here so try to be cool.  Hope is a place outside time and in another dimension...do not try to adjust your set. 

Dave

• Like 1

Ya, I fell in love with the sound! I keep telling myself I'll be satisfied after I get the next pair up but then in the back of my mind I'm always thinking, well if those sound this good I can't imagine how good these will sound. In the back of my mind throughout every purchase I made I knew my end goal was the Klipschorns. I remember when I was younger and bought my first pair of Klipsch speakers (the Pro media 2.1 computer speakers) And just for the hell of it decided to check out their website and look at their speakers, I stumbled across the Klipschorns and knew they were the coolest speaker's I had ever seen and that was before ever even hearing a Heritage speaker. 

Im Brand new to Klipsch too. A Friend had heresies that i heard a few months ago. Then i Found some kg4s...loved them!.. Now i am already eagerly awaiting a pair of forte ii with crites to arrive monday that i found with the help of the amazing enablers in this fine group.... Once your "Hear"...you start thinking wow, if these are this good i gotta hear the next in line above mine....and soon you are out of savings money and happy as hell...hope you get them soon man. I can only imagine. Ive been looking for forte iis in walnut with bob crites obsessively for the last month...finally they are within my reach!!...tracking order even says so! Lol. I can only imagine the sleep you are not getting. I think i would be developing a facial twitch for sure by now. I kind of want to call them for you. But buying new from factory is likely a different animal. Like getting a new tesla from a car lot vs the tesla factory....you will be rewarded eventually. Good things come...

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this. I bought new Scalas long time ago they delivered to dealer then he brought them out and set them up. But now is now and this is still not right. I cant imagine them having that many meetings because a meeting down there is at most 100 people.

Keep calling to Hope till someone answers your questions. I don't think you should even have to do that you should get e-mail when they were done and when they will ship with tracking number.

If I can track a bicycle tube you should be able to track a 12,000 dollar purchase huh.

• Like 1

I'm with you Aaron, and I agree with Rick Tate directly above ^^^.

You can order a pair of Nike's for a hundred bucks and you can track almost hour-by-hour until they get to your house, which is two days.  We are talking about $10,000 worth of speakers, somebody should be able to tell you where they are and why they haven't shipped.

My guess is that since that need to be shipped by truck they are sitting on a dock somewhere waiting until the truck has a full load to save on shipping expenses.  If that's the case they should tell you that.

I know you are pinging Klipsch, Inc but I think I would be pushing hard on the dealer, let him go and tell Klipsch how important of a customer you are, and you are important.

If your dealer can't give you a satisfying answer, I would be tempted to find another dealer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JJkizak said:

In 1965 they told me 3 months waiting time. And so it was. I was told they do not stock K-horns but make them when they receive the order.

JJK

Yes this is true and this is still the case today. Though When I ordered they said they had no other orders so they could complete them in 2 weeks. The guy said call back in 2 weeks and I'll have a tracking number for you. I called back in 2 week's they were complete but hadn't been shipped. It's been almost 2 weeks since they were built and still nothing. 

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'm with you Aaron, and I agree with Rick Tate directly above ^^^.

You can order a pair of Nike's for a hundred bucks and you can track almost hour-by-hour until they get to your house, which is two days.  We are talking about $10,000 worth of speakers, somebody should be able to tell you where they are and why they haven't shipped.

My guess is that since that need to be shipped by truck they are sitting on a dock somewhere waiting until the truck has a full load to save on shipping expenses.  If that's the case they should tell you that.

I know you are pinging Klipsch, Inc but I think I would be pushing hard on the dealer, let him go and tell Klipsch how important of a customer you are, and you are important.

If your dealer can't give you a satisfying answer, I would be tempted to find another dealer.

Ya, I was thinking that about waiting until the truck is full too. I bet it has something to do with that. Then they aren't open on the weekends either? Very annoying. Does anyone know the email adress to their customer support? The link for it doesn't seem to be working for me.