Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

15 hours ago, mungkiman said:

If a dealer buys a set of clubs for $714, and marks it up by 40%, that equals $999.60

Profit margin isn't the same as markup percentage like how most people think of things.  

edit:  DOH,  just saw Bill's reply.  

• Like 1

Alright guys after the experience I've had I am just gonna go ahead and tell you the name of the dealer. It's Rockbottom home theater also goes by the name of diamondback audio. After numerous times telling this guy to give me the rest of my refund he's now asking if I can just accept the speakers and and repay him the portion of the refund he gave me sell them on my own. I couldn't even believe he had the nerve to ask me that honestly. First of all no one in my area would buy which would force me to ship which would be a fortune. Second of all then I have to store the huge boxes in my house which I don't have room for. 

I am going to the bank first thing tomorrow to file a claim against this guy. I really hate dragging peoples name through the mud but this experience has been the worst most pathetic situation I have ever dealt with in my life. 

23 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, Aaron, but I would RAISE HELL to get your money back, IMMEDIATELY.  And if you register your dispute with Discover, you don't even have to raise hell.  They were super nice with, very professional, and I got all my money back right away.

Whatever his story is, whether or not he spent your profit, NOT YOUR PROBLEM.  I would take this to your credit card company immediately and get your money back (which they will do). 

I recently disputed a charge (not paypal) on an on-line transaction where I paid but the vendor jerked me around on why he would not ship.  Right after I started the dispute, Discover promptly put money back into my account.  The vendor then took things up with Discover.

He used PP, it shouldn't matter if it was Discover, MC, Visa, whatever, the companies will get it straightened out

Mark

3 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

Alright guys after the experience I've had I am just gonna go ahead and tell you the name of the dealer. It's Rockbottom home theater also goes by the name of diamondback audio. After numerous times telling this guy to give me the rest of my refund he's now asking if I can just accept the speakers and and repay him the portion of the refund he gave me sell them on my own. I couldn't even believe he had the nerve to ask me that honestly. First of all no one in my area would buy which would force me to ship which would be a fortune. Second of all then I have to store the huge boxes in my house which I don't have room for. 

I am going to the bank first thing tomorrow to file a claim against this guy. I really hate dragging peoples name through the mud but this experience has been the worst most pathetic situation I have ever dealt with in my life. 

If you paid with PP, open a dispute with PP. when they see the transaction history, they should issue a refund immediately. If you used a CC to fund your PP account, call your CC company and file a dispiute. You need to get your money NOW, this guy sounds he could fold at any time and then you go to the bottom of the payee's list. Which is the people who don't get paid.

FILE THE DISPUTE WITH PP NOW, QUIT F*CKING AROUND WITH IT. You can do it 24/7 online

Mark

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

If you paid with PP, open a dispute with PP. when they see the transaction history, they should issue a refund immediately. If you used a CC to fund your PP account, call your CC company and file a dispiute. You need to get your money NOW, this guy sounds he could fold at any time and then you go to the bottom of the payee's list. Which is the people who don't get paid.

FILE THE DISPUTE WITH PP NOW, QUIT F*CKING AROUND WITH IT. You can do it 24/7 online

Mark

Wow...you even used CAPITAL letters...and you made them bigger....so us old guys can read.....

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

If you need wedges or other equipment, I can get it for you,usually at wholesale plus tax.

Me? I have a bunch of stuff I like  :D:D:D

Mark

Equipment I have....practice, patience, focus,muscle memory and skill are what I need.....Can I get lessons at wholesale too?  :D

All kidding aside...I really does suck for Aaron...I bought a couple of sets of new Klipsch speakers in my younger days....a long time ago.

The experience was good...not a hassle....they were even installed by ladies in bikini's......Then I woke up...    Never mind

G.E.M.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, oldred said:

Wow to spend that kind of money...at an unauthorized dealer......hope they were half price.

Sorry it was such a bad experience.

G.E.M.

Haha, ya they were considerably less that's why  decided to do it. It's funny I checked Klipsch's website and I didn't see him as a dealer either but when I googled his company name he did get good reviews that's why I decided to do it. Good thing is he did send me the majority of the money back, just missing a part of it which is better than nothing but I'd still like the full refund. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

Where I am, no Paypal dispute filing is required, I can just call my CC Company which is tied into the bank that offers the card, file a dispute and get my money back when the seller cannot prove the product was shipped. Most CC Agreements with businesses require them to have shipped before charging the CC.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Where I am, no Paypal dispute filing is required, I can just call my CC Company which is tied into the bank that offers the card, file a dispute and get my money back when the seller cannot prove the product was shipped. Most CC Agreements with businesses require them to have shipped before charging the CC.

Ya, in my lifetime I have only had one time where I had to dispute a charge and my bank was excellent about it so I am hoping it will be the same with this. 

You have to specifically ask to be on that dealer list, it's not automatic.  I've even seen an area that had a 250 mile radius, 500 mile diameter, and no dealers showed up, which probably isn't reality.  From my experience it definitely makes people feel better so I have no idea why somebody wouldn't want to be on there, but not being listed doesn't automatically mean that they aren't authorized.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

You have to specifically ask to be on that dealer list, it's not automatic.  I've even seen an area that had a 250 mile radius, 500 mile diameter, and no dealers showed up, which probably isn't reality.  From my experience it definitely makes people feel better so I have no idea why somebody wouldn't want to be on there, but not being listed doesn't automatically mean that they aren't authorized.  

Well, ya he definitely was an authorized dealer because as I said he did send me the invoice but blocked out what he actually paid but I'm assuming it was 6k for the pair of Khorns and I called Klipsch and they did confirm the order went through and all that. Now the dealer is getting mad at me saying I should have not called Klipsch to check the order status of the speakers I just spent thousand's of dollars on basically saying the situation is my fault. If I hadn't called no one would have ever known about the credit card issue. @MetropolisLakeOutfitters I know your a dealer. Would you take offense to someone calling to check on an order if it was something as high priced as a pair of Klipschorns? Also the reason I did that was because when I would ask him, he knew nothing about it. All he ever said was I emailed them and am waiting to hear back. Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard numerous times that dealers have a number they can call where they are pretty much guarenteed to speak with someone that will be very helpful in terms of what's goin on with an order. 

Every time I asked him to call, he said no I prefer email which never got a response for days. If he had called and straightened it out, perhaps they would not have given the original pair of Khorns they built for me, to someone else. He could have just told them its the same order he is just updating the card information. Well, I have a meeting with my bank's manager tomorrow to get a charge reversal going so we will see how that goes. 

• Like 1

Aaron, don't second guess yourself.  As a consumer you did nothing wrong.  I had a similar experience when I ordered a Harley once after putting down a cash deposit.  I ended up having to call the factory to check on the order as I got the run around from the dealer.  I even had to get an attorney involved.  If your dealer took care of their business and answered your questions honestly and in a timely manner, you would never have had to call.

• Like 2