Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

17 minutes ago, RSVRMAN said:

If I were to do it again, I'd probably follow Coyotees advice on hooking up bass bins first to ensure everything is good. 

According to Roy-Boy....  it's Coyotee-o  (minus o)

Such a card....  I think he needs to keep his day job!

:emotion-29:

8 minutes ago, Coytee said:

do you have the PDF and TLX files for the DX?

I got it from your link, but it was for the K-69. I have the K-691. Luci Lew is a girl, it's only a half mask... Does the amp run straight to the HF driver? The bass bin has connections for the top and bottom woofer, how does one amp connect to them ? Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Speed said:

I got it from your link, but it was for the K-69. I have the K-691. Luci Lew is a girl, it's only a half mask... Does the amp run straight to the HF driver? The bass bin has connections for the top and bottom woofer, how does one amp connect to them ? Thanks. 

Is this a B&C driver?  (I don't know much about it)

Here's the PDF for the B&C 75.  If it is closer to your driver, great....but, I don't have the TLX file so you're forced to go manual.

DX-38 settings for Jubilee with K402 & BNC 75.pdf

13 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Here's the PDF for the B&C 75.  If it is closer to your driver, great....but, I don't have the TLX file so you're forced to go manual.

Roy said the BNC 75 settings work for the K-691

If you use this tlx setup file I suggest you confirm the settings of the tlx file since I wasn't the originator and I can't confirm it at the moment since I don't have race installed on this computer.... 

miketn

RACE Jubilee with K402 & BNC 75.tlx

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Manual it is... I still have windows vista, it's not compatible with anything anymore.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Speed said:

The two LF sections on the Bass bin come bridged from the factory (connected together in the proper way) you hook up the connection to either one.

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

The two LF sections on the Bass bin come bridged from the factory (connected together in the proper way) you hook up the connection to either one.

Thanks, surprised there are no basic instructions for wiring included.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Speed said:

Manual it is... I still have windows vista, it's not compatible with anything anymore.

It will be compatible with Race software. 

I think Coyotee is the only one I know that suggests you use manual entry.  The majority of people who tried manual missed a setting or two.  It can take hours.  

If it were me I would get the right RS 232 cable to plug in computer.  Go ahead and download Race from EV website and see if it work on your laptop.

I would hook up your current amp and preamp to the Bass bin unless you have a LOT of experience listening to music through  a bass bin only.  It is going to sound like total crap and you are going to think something is wrong.  You won't be able to wrap your mind around the fact that when the 402 comes in with the MF/HF the combination makes perfect sound.

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I think Coyotee is the only one I know that suggests you use manual entry.  The majority of people who tried manual missed a setting or two.  It can take hours.  

It takes me about 10-15 minutes to enter the one-page of settings into a Dx38 front panel.  If you're unaccustomed to the interface, it might take you as long as 45 minutes if you're really technically challenged. 

I also think that anyone that's tried to install use use RACE using an RS-232 port on their PC isn't counting this time.  I wouldn't mess with that old RACE app unless you're motivated to use it and have a ready RS-232 data port.  (I don't own any PCs/laptops with an RS-232 data port.)

I actually recommend front-panel input since you don't need anything else, and can update the crossover on the fly without having to hook up anything at any time.  I've found this capability useful.

YMMV.

Chris

I believe that the settings for the "BNC" driver (actually a B&C DE75 compression driver) aren't quite up to date for the current K-691 driver.  There are a couple of PEQs that need modification. 

YMMV.

Chris

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Chris A said:

It takes me about 10-15 minutes to enter the one-page of settings into a Dx38 front panel.  If you're unaccustomed to the interface, it might take you as long as 45 minutes if you're really technically challenged. 

I also think that anyone that's tried to install use use RACE using an RS-232 port on their PC isn't counting this time.  I wouldn't mess with that old RACE app unless you're motivated to use it and have a ready RS-232 data port.  (I don't own any PCs/laptops with an RS-232 data port.)

I actually recommend front-panel input since you don't need anything else, and can update the crossover on the fly without having to hook up anything at any time.  I've found this capability useful.

YMMV.

Chris

Well that's two.  That's a good point about the RS 232 data port, but you don't get an RS 232 to RS 232, you get a RS 232 to USB, there are 7 bucks.  

It will take a new user about an hour to manually input one set of settings.  It took me five minutes enter the bass boost preset once that was available from Roy.

I believe that there are more than a few more than just myself and Richard that use the front panel inputs on a Dx38...not that it really matters...;)

Chris