Brand New K-Horns $3800

jjptkd

8 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I will use one of the Belle triplets.

I missed that because of the pics I was looking at which only showed the right two-thirds of the front end.

See below photos of left corner (as viewed) I sure wish that fireplace was gone. We were going to remove it when we bought this place for that very reason but we were lacking about 3 sq ft of left over tile that was unobtainium to finish the floor uncovered by removing.

Yeah, I see that now.  In a strange way, seeing that left side doesn't make finding an optimum setup better, it makes it worse!

Subs behind couch is NOT gonna happen. You don't need to ask why.
LOL!  Yeah, you're right.  My bad.  :lol:

The front wall is 14' across from fireplace corner to doorway and sitting position is 10' back from the front of Belle plane.

It will be interesting to see what your final configuration is.  I've already proven, I have no idea! 

9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I will use one of the Belle triplets.

I missed that because of the pics I was looking at which only showed the right two-thirds of the front end.

Didn't miss it, there are only two in the shots the third was removed (using phantom) and sitting idle. I will probably take subs out and then move at least one to left side wall for HT.

• Like 1

Fire place is never used so not worried there but the small section of wall filler where fireplace joins front wall is at an angle so it can't be easily extended at a 90* angle to front. I will be back from trip sometime during the week of 9-13 Jan with them toys so I can start mocking up, give me a couple of weeks to dream up a story about where they came from :ph34r:.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, USNRET said:

so I can start mocking up, give me a couple of weeks to dream up a story about where they came from :ph34r:.

To save you the trouble of having to modify your dwelling and to avert any distress in the tranquility of your domestic arrangement, I'll gladly reimburse you the amount you payed and, will myself, shoulder the burden of owning them, just to help you out. :)

Congrats on your score :emotion-21:  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davis419b said:

Just enclose the backs and be done. It only takes about 3 hours !

Always an option Don. I have been looking for ways to do that. Questions like how do I install them, do I have to screw into the bass bin.....

I'm sure everything will fit just perfectly...you can figure out the whole sub thing later...When I was at Derricks for the GTG he had a sub kind of built into a corner table between the couches. Just get the Khorns in....and relax for a weekend or so....Then figure the rest out.

George,

34 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Could someone please provide a link or other specific directions as to the procedure for enclosing the backs?  Preferred materials, etc?  Thanks.

i'd like to make some comments on this subject, should someone start a new thread cause i'm gonna make 2 sets for mine

• Like 1

10 hours ago, USNRET said:

Always an option Don. I have been looking for ways to do that. Questions like how do I install them, do I have to screw into the bass bin.....

They do not screw into the bass bin anywhere they are attached to the braces of the side grills and the braces of the tailboard. I always use 3/4" birch plywood.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Have you posted pictures? 

Not yet, I just finished the back enclosures this evening. I have been jamming for a few hours! The wife and son came out and both commented on how great it sounds; corners must be divine. I'll tell you this, no two support pieces are in the same place. I went a different way.

• Like 1