Klipsch Belle Horn good price?

shaunm

9 hours ago, shaunm said:

Hi there is a sale on craigslist in my area for Klipsch Belle Horn for $2000 (Canadian) pair. Is this a good price? Is this is a better speaker than RF-7ii? I'm thinking of buying it. 

klipsch belle .jpg

They are totally different speakers and each have their qualities. $2k Canadian is roughly $1500 US? for a clean pair of Belles is an excellent deal and will not last long at that price I imagine so don't think about it too long.

If you have the room for them and a subwoofer or 8 to go with them I'd say jump on it at that price. You will not get the nearly bass response out of a Belle as the RF 7's, not even close, but the clarity and detail you get from these 3-way Heritage speakers might surprise you if you haven't heard them before. At this price you should be able to flip them and maybe make a few bucks (at least pay for your gas and time) if you decide they're not for you so this would be a good chance to check them out risk free.

11 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

I would be surprised if the serial numbers were consecutive ..

Looks like a matched pair to me...serial numbers likely consecutive.  Sometimes the lighting/angles makes wood NOT look matched in pics, but these are a matched pair.  For about 1500 USD equivalent, they are a steal!

BTW...the speaker correct nomenclature is "Belle Klipsch"  The only speaker which has the word Klipsch following its model designation, instead of in ahead of it, simply because it was named after Belle Klipsch, PWK's first wife.  One could easily say this speaker design was the ORIGINAL true WAF speaker design!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@shaunm

So, what happened?

An unmatched pair, in decent condition, offered for mid-range price.

Did you go look at, listen, offer, purchase, or dismiss?

Curious minds would like to know.

Curious minds would like to know why you say they are unmatched, just decent condition with glass tops and mid range price? That sounds like you went 1 for 3 at best

Mark