Usher

Marvel

My wife and I work a a facility for individuals with intellectual and development disabilites. Yesterday, The singer/actor, blah blah... Usher Raymond, came to the facility to dedicate an outdoor track. Usher donated the funds to build the track, used by our clients, staff and folks from the neighborhood. Although born in Texas, he grew up in Chattanooga, raised by grandparents.

So... long story short, my wife got a picture with him. All her Filipino friends are jealous, lol.

Bruce

Usher_2.jpg

• Like 6

That is awesome and glad to hear he's a good guy. It's really hard to tell with some of these entertainer types, they are selling an image, sometimes not even their own creation. I like to hear stories about the rise to stardom and not forgetting where they came from and giving back to their community. Not just cutting a check either, actually showing up and giving their time, I think that says a lot about a person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

Anyone know any good calliope recordings?

Dave

I have to take a look, I have some old stuff that was transferred to RR. The originals are tucked away safely. I can't make it to Hope but I can make sure they music gets there in time for the Pilgrimage. It should sound incredible on Dr Harmon's quad 600s

Mark

12 hours ago, Marvel said:

My wife and I work a a facility for individuals with intellectual and development disabilites. Yesterday, The singer/actor, blah blah... Usher Raymond, came to the facility to dedicate an outdoor track. Usher donated the funds to build the track, used by our clients, staff and folks from the neighborhood. Although born in Texas, he grew up in Chattanooga, raised by grandparents.

So... long story short, my wife got a picture with him. All her Filipino friends are jealous, lol.

Bruce

Usher_2.jpg

Wasn't he the star of Everybody loves Raymond?

Mark