I call Bullshit , or "Why Is There No BS Emoticon?"

thebes

This may have been covered before, and I was taking a nap at that time, or there may be one (BS emoto-button) and I can't find it.

I have very mixed feelings about this whole online "Like" culture.  Sure I preen when somebody likes what I'm saying, but I calm down and remember it's my just due, being such a studly, intelligent raconteur, and all.

But it seems this whole "Like" thing is very one-sided.    Why are there no "turd" emoticons.  Or  a "shaking fist" emoticon.

Maybe a "knife plunging into my stomach" anatomy-thingy.  A "nuclear option" mushroom descriptor.  Maybe something as simple as an "Un-Like", or maybe a "Bully" (TR) or a "Bully" (school-yard).

I'm not liking "Likes".  The main reason is, cause you can just press a key,  the "Like" appears and in your own mind, you've done your duty. You are not obligated to participate any further in the discussion at hand, so can quickly go onto something else. 

Except this is a so-called forum for a reason.  Sure we could call it a "Blather" for example, or a "Pompous",  maybe get a little funky and call it a "Shout Out",. but a forum has some Roman gravitas attached to it.  It implies a place for a meeting of minds to debate the issues of the moment, not a hiccup in the daily grind.

So enough with the "Likes" already.

I call Bullshit.

(Let me know if you like this)

• Like 7

Really? Can't you get worked up about politics? Wait, that's already being done to the extreme. So look... I like what you are saying but an opinion is like a belly button and yes everyone has one. But I really do like a BS button except I don't know enough to use one. Maybe we can make a BSimho button that guys like me can use.

Peace.

Brad

Funny you say there are no turd emoticons cause I know they are on my daughters phone. After just having our first girl grandchild after three previous boys she wasn't allowed to leave the hospital until the Little One did her #2 business. So when she did Jess sent me two emoticon "brown piles" and one thumbs up. No phone calls anymore just electronic smoke signals. But I did understand the message. Hope this isn't considered thread "crapping". Get it - crapping. Sorry ----

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thebes said:

This may have been covered before, and I was taking a nap at that time, or there may be one (BS emoto-button) and I can't find it.

I have very mixed feelings about this whole online "Like" culture.  Sure I preen when somebody likes what I'm saying, but I calm down and remember it's my just due, being such a studly, intelligent raconteur, and all.

But it seems this whole "Like" thing is very one-sided.    Why are there no "turd" emoticons.  Or  a "shaking fist" emoticon.

Maybe a "knife plunging into my stomach" anatomy-thingy.  A "nuclear option" mushroom descriptor.  Maybe something as simple as an "Un-Like", or maybe a "Bully" (TR) or a "Bully" (school-yard).

I'm not liking "Likes".  The main reason is, cause you can just press a key,  the "Like" appears and in your own mind, you've done your duty. You are not obligated to participate any further in the discussion at hand, so can quickly go onto something else. 

Except this is a so-called forum for a reason.  Sure we could call it a "Blather" for example, or a "Pompous",  maybe get a little funky and call it a "Shout Out",. but a forum has some Roman gravitas attached to it.  It implies a place for a meeting of minds to debate the issues of the moment, not a hiccup in the daily grind.

So enough with the "Likes" already.

I call Bullshit.

(Let me know if you like this)

:pwk_bs:   Perhaps you you need to crank up a little of this....https://youtu.be/o_FSicQWimU?list=RD4OJfokQsmx4

• Like 1

Oh sure.Show off your BS buttons.  Figures. All the cool guys got one, but all I have is $50 Marantz 8b, and , almost forgot, those babelicious, never to be forgotten, The Twins, Tawny and Tickles.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thebes said:

Oh sure.Show off your BS buttons.  Figures. All the cool guys got one, but all I have is $50 Marantz 8b, and , almost forgot, those babelicious, never to be forgotten, The Twins, Tawny and Tickles.

and I dislike you for your score on the 8b. lol  I hope you feel all fuzzy in side.... Now give me your address .. and I will score that 8b for free !

Glad that you got it anyways. So how does it sound and what are you

pushing them with ?

20 hours ago, thebes said:

You are not obligated to participate any further in the discussion at hand,

Thebes, Maybe some are introverted, I am...How the heck are you???

Me...It's Friday, I m upright and breathing oxygen, home from work drinking a beer and listening to my upgraded DAC.

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

and I dislike you for your score on the 8b. lol  I hope you feel all fuzzy in side.... Now give me your address .. and I will score that 8b for free !

Glad that you got it anyways. So how does it sound and what are you

pushing them with ?

Happened quite awhile ago, but I never grow tired off rubbing it in.

Here's the post:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Thebes, Maybe some are introverted, I am...How the heck are you???

Me...It's Friday, I m upright and breathing oxygen, home from work drinking a beer and listening to my upgraded DAC.

Hey Steve, doing well but getting ready to go out.  Got family visiting this evening.

Hope you are enjoying that DAC thingy.  Don't have one myself.  Could never figure out how to hook one of those up to my turntable.