Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Thinking about trouble yet trying to stay reserved this evening.  Flying solo hopefully.  hahaha  BUT!

Better squeeze this one in while I can.  Gotta love the big band sound!  Mono cart/stereo cart?  It's workin!   :)

Glen_Miller.jpg 

You're up, you're down, I can't work you out
You get a good thing goin' then you blow yourself out   

beatles_-_abby_road.jpg

Grand_Funk_-_Closer_to_home_1970.jpg

head_east.jpg

Rut roh!  :)

Time to get that party started???  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Everybody knows him so well ..everybody ´s knows all records from him / them ....sure ?  Still fantastic ...David´s first Solo 1978, Electrola Records, EMI Label

I love this album and I also have it in my collection 

Remember going out and buying it but I had to order it so I could get it on the first offering 

And I love all the tracks on this album 

This is my Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/David-Gilmour-David-Gilmour/release/1348473

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This next album is a double and the only twin LP the Fab4 released 

Beatles travelled to Rishikesh in northern India to take part in a Transcendental Meditation training course at the ashram of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

I believe this album was written after that stint in India 

And this is also the last of my Mono Fab4 records in the collection 

The rest that follow will be in stereo 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - White Album ( as it’s known ) 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-The-Beatles/release/4546697

296-B0-BC3-5-FEE-4-CC7-80-FF-70-AEBD0-E9

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

halloween_smilie_203.gif  halloween_smilie_202.gif halloween_smilie_202.gif       

Record cleaning by hand

I´m a carefully driver but sometimes I discover records that are quite dirty. Since I am neither a record cleaning machine with fluids I have owned an ultrasonic record machine and have been doing it my way for years. For this I need the following tools : 1 cotton towel, 1 roll of soft absorbent paper towels,1 bottle of glass cleaner (e.g. for the windows of windows or cars with less than 5 % anionic tensides and ethyl alcohol) 1 soft sponge ( without the bob  LOL )  and a microfiber tissue with nano particles. Oh ...and a delicious Latte Machiato is also part of it .

First I put the record on the cotton towel and spray it with the glass cleaner, then I distribute the liquid evenly with the sponge, let it work for about 2 minutes. Once this is done, I remove the liquid with the soft paper towel and let the record dry a little. Finally I go with the micro fiber cloth circularly and with some pressure over the surface of the record. I have no comparable knowledge about the effectiveness of record cleaning with a machine, but I have found that the efficiency of this application achieves very good results. Plates that crackled before no longer crackle. Even if I remove dust with the carbon brush when I put a plate on the table, I notice that the frictional resistance on the surface has been reduced considerably. This is also beneficial for the pick-up when scanning the record.

824472538_reordcleaning1.thumb.jpg.afb5f63450b7609035248f7bd56bbf14.jpg

2134394998_recordcleaning2.thumb.jpg.6cff94ae159d7e17754f90ac35c35243.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

LOL but only once ..... LOL

One time was skating my Audi 4000s diesel onto the thoroughfare ahead of a trucker.

It was close he jumped onto the channel saying, "You could get run over that way!"

I retorted, " Yes but, you will only do it once!"😎

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

that's what I used to light charcoal when I was on Kauai

This is kinda Halloweenish... like Tom Jones on a bad acid trip

The Tom show featured different stars, Arthur Brown and the crazy work of's Fire performance still remembered. Giving your age away...lol, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1