Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Did ya get to take a camel ride?

Oh yes, the camels were with us all five days. Other than that, it was a cliche breaking trip: we arrived in heavy rain in Quarzazate, where the river Draa, which had been completely dry for many years, had turned into a deadly wildwater stream. Locals came with their children to bridges to show them! Also the Sahara desert had pools. And some rain at night. 

The best music I heard was not from the students' boom box, but from three young women singing, in their shabby house, in traditional clothing, accompanying themselves on three empty water bidons, and our guide clanging two tea glasses. I'll never forget that. I have pictures, but not on my phone. 

Note: the camel wasn't hurt by carrying my bulky bag of bones. 

PSX_20230223_060821.jpg

PSX_20230223_060656.jpg

Screenshot_20230223_060243_com.whatsapp.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Oh yes, the camels were with us all five days. Other than that, it was a cliche breaking trip: we arrived in heavy rain in Quarzazate, where the river Draa, which had been completely dry for many years, had turned into a deadly wildwater stream. Locals came with their children to bridges to show them! Also the Sahara desert had pools. And some rain at night. 

The best music I heard was not from the students' boom box, but from three young women singing, in their shabby house, in traditional clothing, accompanying themselves on three empty water bidons, and our guide clanging two tea glasses. I'll never forget that. I have pictures, but not on my phone. 

Note: the camel wasn't hurt by carrying my bulky bag of bones. 

PSX_20230223_060821.jpg

PSX_20230223_060656.jpg

Screenshot_20230223_060243_com.whatsapp.jpg

Fantastic!

Welcome home.

• Like 2

Great trip by the sounds of it 

Although I was born in Greece and when young I have visited the west coast of African ports via ship. I haven’t actually had an excursion into any part 

Let me say along with others - Welcome back mate and keep up with the updates 

• Like 5

Canpakes and Zep?  Alllllll that Zep with pancakes & Maple syrup?  Talk about a sugar high???  THAT prolly explains it though  😂

Looks like ya had a great time even though it was a bit wet @MeloManiac.  You're the first camel jockey I ever met.  Gonna have to nickname you Ahab except you're not an Arab.    I know the kids loved it.  You're a good man Ahab.  😂

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4