8 hours ago, Full Range said:

Now for a complete change in listening direction 😎

A Direct Metal Mastering pressing by a British Prog rock band from 1984

Style could be classified as Electronic, Experimental, Ethereal, Prog Rock

Artist - Jade Warrior 

Title - Horizen 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1948631-Jade-Warrior-Horizen

2441-D4-AA-A1-DA-49-DB-B225-2795-DF43116

Found that there is a box coming out soon, it contains: Floating World, 'Waves, Kites und Way Of The Sun. Tink I´ll biy it, I found the music quite intriguing, thanks Paul!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@KROCKHow'd the A/B test go w/Diana on the GAE?  :)

Just chillin a bit.  A Crimmy kind of day. :)

King-Crimson-Promo-Copy.jpg

This half-speed master is smooooth...  :)

King-Crimson-Island-1971-Half-Speed-Mast

Carry on.  :)

The 948 cart. has more air to the sound, in a good way. That Technics is no slouch, but soon to be for sale. When I finished setting up the GAE , the hole system came together. Now, I don't think I have to do anything but, roll some tubes later next month.

• Like 3

@dirtmuddsounds a lot better than I thought it would.  They really put that one together.  It's just just razor edge coming thru my LS.  Not crazy razor edge high's.  Just the cleanliness/togetherness of the entire album sonically.  It's all there and crystal clear from start to finish.  One for that list if ya don't have it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Found that there is a box coming out soon, it contains: Floating World, 'Waves, Kites und Way Of The Sun. Tink I´ll biy it, I found the music quite intriguing, thanks Paul!

I spun these last night 

Kites 1976, Reflections 79 & Horizen 84 

Jade Warrior 

58-CCCCB6-B4-DF-4875-AAD0-31-D2-CA05704-

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AndreG. said:

If you want a sample of the work on the Reflections LP 

Info I have found on the net - 

This compilation of material from the Vertigo years included the five lighter tracks off Last Autumn's Dream and two from Released, adding three then unreleased tracks from the abandoned Eclipse.

A1. English Morning = unreleased Eclipse track
A2. Lady Of The Lake - from Last Autumn's Dream
A3. Borne On The Solar Wind - from Last Autumn's Dream
A4. Morning Hymn - from Last Autumn's Dream
A5. Bride Of Summer - from Released
A6. Soldier's Song = unreleased Eclipse track
B1. A Winter's Tale - from Last Autumn's Dream
B2. Yellow Eyes - from Released
B3. Dark River - from Last Autumn's Dream
B4. House Of Dreams = unreleased Eclipse track

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

@dirtmuddsounds a lot better than I thought it would.  They really put that one together.  It's just just razor edge coming thru my LS.  Not crazy razor edge high's.  Just the cleanliness/togetherness of the entire album sonically.  It's all there and crystal clear from start to finish.  One for that list if ya don't have it.  

right now I finishing listening to red 40th on CD

lm not impressed.. the same thing with d.s.o.t.m 

mofi ultra disc sucks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

right now I finishing listening to red 40th on CD

lm not impressed.. the same thing with d.s.o.t.m 

mofi ultra disc sucks!

I don't like a lot of re-masters either.

But my mofi dsotm sounds alright just not as good as vinyl. Then again I've been on a digital diet for two years now!

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Get better soon man, hope it is just a dietary issue like mine were.

Incorporate cranberry juice into your diet. & A big thing for me was negating the coffee with water if I can!

Thank you all! 

Here is an update. 

I was sent back home with lots of painkiller meds. I seemed fine so the wife left for Ghent. I thought I'd have a quiet afternoon spinning vinyl records. Not! 

Around 3pm, the kidney stone pain was back, in an excruciating way. I was trying to fight it until the wife was back, but when she called me on the phone, I could not speak anymore and I was hyperventilating so she decided to call an ambulance for me. While she'd get back to me. 

The ambulance caregivers - great people - loaded me with intravenous painkillers before driving me to hospital, where my wife was already waiting for me. I was in zombie state by the time we met. 

The 2mm stone will be removed today. No matter what. 

Silver lining: so glad this didn't happen in the isolated Moroccan desert, where I was last week with 33 of my student. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Thank you all! 

Here is an update. 

I was sent back home with lots of painkiller meds. I seemed fine so the wife left for Ghent. I thought I'd have a quiet afternoon spinning vinyl records. Not! 

Around 3pm, the kidney stone pain was back, in an excruciating way. I was trying to fight it until the wife was back, but when she called me on the phone, I could not speak anymore and I was hyperventilating so she decided to call an ambulance for me. While she'd get back to me. 

The ambulance caregivers - great people - loaded me with intravenous painkillers before driving me to hospital, where my wife was already waiting for me. I was in zombie state by the time we met. 

The 2mm stone will be removed today. No matter what. 

Silver lining: so glad this didn't happen in the isolated Moroccan desert, where I was last week with 33 of my student. 

Good morning, I hope you get that stone passed. I can't speak for the other ''GUYS'', but I miss your posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Now THAT was funny @Full Range.  I laffed when I saw that "bait" picture of yours.  Had a vision of you lockin that ball an chain around his ankle and pushin him off the ship.  Yes, @AndreG.this really is a pay to play sport.  lolol  Gonna be just like the rest of us.  Welcome to the club.   😂

You think all that talk about´em rabbit holes is true? Wonder how far down I already am... ? 😰 😄

The box I was writing about was CDs by the way, so not that pricy. 

• Haha 2

Cd's are the easy way out but...  You're gonna gravitate back to those tables in time. 

It's that stuff you find on the cd's you like.  Then you're gonna wonder just how it would sound on a turntable.  That heavy cardboard jacket with the artwork instead of a pic of the artwork on a piece of paper shoved in your "jewel" case.  The physicality of it all.  That big heavy disc.  Yup, either way you're toast!  lol  I gave it a shot for a couple weeks, looked at what I have in vinyl, compared the sounds and went right back to vinyl.   You could be different though.   

Nope, not debating it.  Just my preference.  I'm spinnin my way out!  lol

Yup, you're toast.  Just a matter of time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, amped said:

This showed up at 6am.

Lucky you!  I had a bucket truck and a another truck pullin a shredder @ the next door neighbors.  The time I heard the first chainsaw was about 730.  Cut all her bushes out and gone in an hour.  Crazy.

I'm sooooo checkin my eyelids for holes @ 6AM.  :)

• Haha 4