Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, Bubo said:

Learned something new, a PF lp I was unaware of.

Let us know how it sounds.....

I have the original pressing. It's the soundtrack from the movie "More" The recording sounded good on my Technic's, but haven't played it on the EMT as of yet.

• Like 3

Is it rock or reggae? Look Sharp! is Joe Jackson's 1979 debut. He was 22 back then. 

Two tracks became arguably his best known songs: Is she really going out with him? and Fools In Love. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_Sharp!_(Joe_Jackson_album)?wprov=sfla1

The record has excellent Sq. I think it's a first pressing... 

PSX_20230303_182514.jpg

PSX_20230303_183121.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks for that KROCK!  Had it, looked for it 2 years ago and couldn't find it.  Maybe it's under Anderson and not Tull...  Dunno, but that's one great album right there!  Prolly sounds fantastic on your end.  Ugh!  I wantj!   That and the "Road to Escondido" w/EC & JJ.  Then there's Ram Jam & "Black Betty."  AND...    lol   :)

• Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Thanks for that KROCK!  Had it, looked for it 2 years ago and couldn't find it.  Maybe it's under Anderson and not Tull...  Dunno, but that's one great album right there!  Prolly sounds fantastic on your end.  Ugh!  I wantj!   That and the "Road to Escondido" w/EC & JJ.  Then there's Ram Jam & "Black Betty."  AND...    lol   :)

Good ol days!

• Like 2

Yes-Yes-1969-1st-US-print.jpg

Their first!  :)  US cover

In August 1968, Yes formed with a line-up of singer Jon Anderson, bassist Chris Squire, guitarist Peter Banks, drummer Bill Bruford, and keyboardist Tony Kaye; the band played their first gig under the name on 4 August. They toured the United Kingdom extensively, playing sets featuring both original material and rearranged cover songs from rock, pop, funk, and jazz artists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

I've got to know, why was I led to believe that "The YES Album" was their first?

I thought that until a couple years ago when this same LP was brought up here!

This is their first LP. I did remember & just looked it up & there was an alternate cover. Is that what you were referring too? 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk8R9c5RBxcIGyvvXJeo61GaQVIYAvuz6d8Xdt8UHOUgEEFenE25iWoht9YnSnbjv1dMBuiJXuClxd-cLcD5w-Z2WdjJJyGemKFufdnTvVZukrHT6kgXQig9BzPY-4D1eENg&usqp=CAc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KROCK said:

This is their first LP. I did remember & just looked it up & there was an alternate cover. Is that what you were referring too? 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk8R9c5RBxcIGyvvXJeo61GaQVIYAvuz6d8Xdt8UHOUgEEFenE25iWoht9YnSnbjv1dMBuiJXuClxd-cLcD5w-Z2WdjJJyGemKFufdnTvVZukrHT6kgXQig9BzPY-4D1eENg&usqp=CAc

Nope, that one has the same music as the other. I'm talking about this great release:

PXL-20230304-013258577.jpg

Liked it so much that I have an "at home" LP version and this newer mobile one!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Nope, that one has the same music as the other. I'm talking about this great release:

PXL-20230304-013258577.jpg

Liked it so much that I have an "at home" LP version and this newer mobile one!

When I was in the Freak Out used record shop the other day, I held 'Going for the One', a 1977 Yes album, in my hand. I'm no Yes-expert, so I didn't know it. Also, the price tag was missing. The cover was in a rather dismall state also... The only Yes song I'm familiar with is 'Owner of a lonely heart'. That's about it. So I put it back. Now you are probably going to kill me over this... I did listen to it on Spotify when I got home. I didn't know any of the songs.  😳

image.jpeg.b16884468c03a745cfc5bb17b8ce8195.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

First time using the gum glue method on a record that is new and although an ultrasonic clean made it sound better I feel that has manufacturing grime deep down 

Will report back with results 

77586696-5-A87-4067-BE91-1-D21-C54-AF4-C

I'm not sure if this kind of product is available here in Europe. When I google for it, I even get links to 'superglue', which would not work at all, I think!  In what section of the department store should I look for this?

In this Dutch video, they're using 'wood glue'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I'm not sure if this kind of product is available here in Europe. When I google for it, I even get links to 'superglue', which would not work at all, I think!  In what section of the department store should I look for this?

In this Dutch video, they're using 'wood glue'.

Wood glue may be to strong

I read that gum glue is better and similar to Revirginizer

Then I got some instructions form an Australian audiophile and now giving it a try 

• Like 3

DSCF1581

When I was in Morocco recently, this scene caught my eye and I quickly snapped a picture of it with my Fujifilm X100s camera. I used an in-camera hdr toning filter. I don't do post-work on my pictures (makes me feel I'm cheating).

Believe it or not, but when I took the picture, I was thinking of the similarity with the 2012 Mark Knopfler album Privateering, of which the cover shows a very similar van. 

Wikipedia: The photograph used for the album cover was taken by Johnnie Pilkington, and shows a battered van amidst old tires and wheel rims beneath a bleak sky, with a small dog walking away from the van. The photograph is an HDR type image. In the album's title, Knopfler used the idea of a "privateer"—a privately owned ship or its captain authorized by a government during wartime to capture enemy vessels[11]—as an analogy for modern rock-and-roll musicians who make their way in the world in a spirit of independence and adventure.

I really get a buzz out of having this little group of people that sallies forth across the world. I enjoy being in command of it, the band, the crew, travelling through this ever-changing landscape and playing in all these different places. You get where you get without any kind of assistance, really, making your own way in the world. There are no government grants to play this music. You're a privateer. And that's the way I like it.[12]

Knopfler recalled the early days of his music career, when "if you had a van you could get into a group, so band wagons have always had a special place in my heart."[12]

PSX_20230304_060405.jpg

• Like 5

Alright @MeloManiac 

Nope never:

Got that YES when it came out too!

To be an expert just buy them all!

The title track, Parallels and Wondrous Stories are very good tunes, there are only two others on it and they're good too...

But you already know you're talking to a seriously biased person about YES :P.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today we had a visitor for lunch and I guided him through a condensed version of hi fidelity history 

Then we sat down and listened to a couple of tracks of the selected record 

Artist - Alice Cooper 

Title - Killer 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/3321336-Alice-Cooper-Killer

3219-DC8-A-0-F9-D-4-AA2-BFAB-880-CF33-AD

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Alright @MeloManiac 

Nope never:

Got that YES when it came out too!

To be an expert just buy them all!

The title track, Parallels and Wondrous Stories are very good tunes, there are only two others on it and they're good too...

But you already know you're talking to a seriously biased person about YES :P.

Being that Yes is my 2nd favorite band, it's only fair for me to say, ''Awakening on the LP is one of Yes's greatest work''.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1