Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

I gave the Garrard 401 its annual service today, noting that it was built in 1965/6 

In the past I have pulled it all apart to service everything and made judicial modifications 

I also took this opportunity to replace the face plate made of stainless steel that I purchased many years ago 

Looks and works like new again 

Everything in the drive section pulled apart ( old face plate ) 

IMG-4505.jpg

All back together after cleaning, lubricating and sanding all the drive surfaces to remove rubber and shine - including the idler wheel and eddy brake 

IMG-4504.jpg

New face plate ready to go on 

IMG-4506.jpg

See just like new again 🤘

IMG-4508.jpg

All looks GREAT Paul !  Thanks for sharing the photos of your project :emotion-21:.  Best wishes for YEARS of continued vinyl spinnin' yet to come!  🍷

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Full Range said:

I gave the Garrard 401 its annual service today, noting that it was built in 1965/6 

In the past I have pulled it all apart to service everything and made judicial modifications 

I also took this opportunity to replace the face plate made of stainless steel that I purchased many years ago 

Looks and works like new again 

Everything in the drive section pulled apart ( old face plate ) 

IMG-4505.jpg

All back together after cleaning, lubricating and sanding all the drive surfaces to remove rubber and shine - including the idler wheel and eddy brake 

IMG-4504.jpg

New face plate ready to go on 

IMG-4506.jpg

See just like new again 🤘

IMG-4508.jpg

so important to keep such jewels in best technical & optical condition, wonderful work Paul 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Charles M said:

I found one on Disdogs it came from overseas new I didn’t have to pay a fortune ! IMG_0160.thumb.jpeg.38b7b58d074d2746c3e7d5a303e65ee5.jpeg

This is what it would cost from the good old USA 

IMG_0161.jpeg

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

in europe the lp cost around 120 € , what´s so special that the vinyl is so expensive ? The limited edition ?

there  is a   technology ,called CD's  you can put a huge collection  of records into a  tiny memory card ,   wow.... aint that something     :D   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/23/2023 at 5:12 PM, OO1 said:

wow.... aint that something     :D   

At least you didn't try to argue that it sounded as good as long playing records that would have riled all of us up 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Blah, sweeper's out and I'm on a misson.  Gonna unzip a few but now while I sweep.  Kinda defeats the purpose.  Gonna git 'r done and take a well deserved break.  Did I ever tell ya about just how much crap hides on a persian rug?  Sheesh!  😂💪😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sharin the love in mah hood.  This has GOT to be raisin eyebrows!  What a jam!  

20230725-175239.jpg

King was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 and is one of the most influential blues musicians of all time, earning the nickname "The King of the Blues", and is considered one of the "Three Kings of the Blues Guitar" (along with Albert King and Freddie King, none of whom are related).

King performed tirelessly throughout his musical career, appearing on average at more than 200 concerts per year into his 70s.[10] In 1956 alone, he appeared at 342 shows.[11]

He just shines on this album.  ALL him throwin it ALL at ya.  IF ya can't catch a groove to this one you're prolly dead.  My LS are smilin as big as I am right now after flippin to side 2.  WOW!  ZERO trash on this lp.  It's ALL HIM killin EVERY note!

A double thumbs up if you're a purist!  Crank it up and let it ALL go!   :)

To make it even better Cbus sports just reported that Michigan Coach Jim Harbaugh is slapped with a 4 game suspension for something!   No volume so clueless.    😂   I'll just tell the cops if they show up I was just celebrating!    😎   

GO BUCKS!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Runnin outta time and what to play.  That's gonna be a tough one to beat.  It really is THAT good!   One of those darn German pressings from the land of @MicroMara.  Ok, that's it, 7 foot-long piles standin on the floor and I can't find a couple new ones that I just got..  May as well stay in the blues so unzipped this one. 

Fremer's new Tracking Angle site sums it up pretty welll since wiki didn't have much:  https://trackingangle.com/music/john-lee-hooker-alone-at-hunter-college-1976  

I saw one comment about noise but I've heard nothing here on my copy.

20230725-185800.jpg

:)  Yup, all alone and pretty darn good!   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Marvel think I"ve heard of that place before but haven't been there so dunno.  How'd you know to come in here anyway???  I've been looking for that new Molly Tuttle lp I just got  a couple weeks ago.  It's here somewhere.  GET OUTTA MY HEAD!   😂   😂   😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2