Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@Marvel   I saw Paul Butterfield right after or just before his "Golden Butter" release somewhere in Chicago.  It was an insanely great show cause they were marching all over the place singing.  I've seen BB so many times I can't even remember but only Butterfield that one time and BB may have been there that night.  It was a rough nite i do know that!  hahahahaha     NOW ya got me wonderin.  That's crazy!  Maybe we were related in our first life!  😂

Ouch, Hooker is doin that  one burbon, one scotch & one beer on that lp rn...  Killin it!   lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Marvel said:

It was indoors... huge open floor.

I was prolly holdin down a tour box or something but he was marching around and people were going totally nuts marchin with him.  The place was indoors though for sure.  Maybe not there but somewhere.

• Thanks 1

@Marvel nope that wasn't the place.  When you said it was open I wondered.  I was thinking there were seats but an open area in front of the stage where they marched around.  I just checked the Golden Butter lp I got that nite and it was an Elektra release from 72, which was after that place you went to closed.  You lucked out again we're not related!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Marvel  I'm seeing this in 1971 where they played w/Joe and the James Gang, which makes perfect sense to me.  James Gang, The Paul Butterfield Blues Band at Arie Crown Theater in Chicago, IL, USA  Friday September 10, 1971.

I KNOW I brought this album back w/me cause it's the first one of theirs I had.  We ALL brought 'em back cause free is always good!  Their version of "Spoonfull" is killer.  Perhaps it was ready for release in September and dropped at sometime early 72.  Dunno.  Looks like the theater is still there and open.  I'm sure it's been renovated since then but it all sounds about right to me.  Did a lot of road trips following Joe and the gang so there's that.     :)

Now I did check something else on google after I got to thunkin a minute.  Joe left the James Gang "in late 1979" so maybe Joe was there or maybe he wasn't.  I honestly can't remember but the James Gang continued to play for a couple years AFTER Joe left.  I may have loaded up because even though Joe was gone MANY of us were family with the Gang and continued to follow them.  Dunno.  That's my story and I'm stickin to it!  lolol

• Like 3

Just finished this play up by Nils Lofgren and it's a great lp.  Well put together by one of the best in the business.  40 years and just a guy in the band.  Course the band is Springsteen so there's that.  It's smooth, slick w/great solo vocals and darn impressive imo.  It's over before you know it.  Check it out and you make the call.

20230725-202956.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

arrived yesterday , I unzipped this morning ...one of the best modern funk bands from the presence 

The Brooklyn Funk Essentials with Intuition , released in 2023 , just 8 tunes but they´re killi´n me ..so good !

just listening

BFEIntuition.thumb.jpg.7f3bf954036252d19e5cac82d0de5891.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

First I'd heard it was in the RIP thread here.  Just crazy.  That leaves Don Henley and Bernie Leadon as the remaining two.  Last I heard Bernie was living in Nashville and his son had or maybe still has a great club down there but that was years ago.  Who knows now.  Sad though cause Randy contributed so much to so  many just like they all do.  Sad to hear for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1