Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

PXL_20231022_150931464.thumb.jpg.9af358dc3a9c38ab946c8367f99037c1.jpg

With the new cables and hooked to the Kenwood. I have to say: That amp and the speakers were made for each other – sounding saweet!!

And a good one for a test-run, Devins latest live album. The only thing I gripe about is, that it´s too short. Two LPs, three songs per side max, run-outs are huge, I´m sure the concert was longer. Well, they picked the best there was. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Full Range said:

It’s one of my favourite wines 

Not sweet

Also it’s crisp and refreshing 

So let´s talk about " Riesling " 😂

Riesling is a white grape and wine variety, which is counted among the highest quality and culture-defining plants. The best Rieslings are produced in climatically cooler wine-growing regions. The variety is mainly grown in Germany, but also in numerous other wine-growing countries. Riesling wines enjoy a high reputation on international markets. Many top vineyards in Germany as well as in other wine-growing countries are planted with Riesling. Especially in northern growing countries like Germany, the variety is grown almost exclusively on steep slopes. Riesling has been cultivated in Germany for more than 600 years.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MicroMara said:

So let´s talk about " Riesling " 😂

Riesling is a white grape and wine variety, which is counted among the highest quality and culture-defining plants. The best Rieslings are produced in climatically cooler wine-growing regions. The variety is mainly grown in Germany, but also in numerous other wine-growing countries. Riesling wines enjoy a high reputation on international markets. Many top vineyards in Germany as well as in other wine-growing countries are planted with Riesling. Especially in northern growing countries like Germany, the variety is grown almost exclusively on steep slopes. Riesling has been cultivated in Germany for more than 600 years.

...and I have special glasses for Riesling!   Hi everyone, just stopping by before heading into work for a couple days.  I will try to get some vinyl listening in soon.  Looks like all is under good control around here ;) 🍷.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Riesling is a white grape and wine variety, which is counted among the highest quality and culture-defining plants.

Especially along the middle Rhine and Mosel Rivers is where the major growers are. My favorites are the Mosel Spatelase wines and for a real treat an Auslese! My wife and I took a train and rode bikes on a self-made wine tasting tour from Cochem to Bernkastle. 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GWSmith said:

...and I have special glasses for Riesling!   Hi everyone, just stopping by before heading into work for a couple days.  I will try to get some vinyl listening in soon.  Looks like all is under good control around here ;) 🍷.

I have some special Riesling glasses as well 

They are over 40 years old and I received them from a German wine merchant that introduced me to Riesling 

I will take a photo of them in the morning 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Especially along the middle Rhine and Mosel Rivers is where the major growers are. My favorites are the Mosel Spatelase wines and for a real treat an Auslese!

indeed @Zen Traveler , they come from the best wine areas in Germany . As you´ve been in germany for a long time I think you´ll be able to read this link about the actual top Rieslings from 2022 

https://www.vinum.eu/de/magazin/weinguides/2022/die-besten-rieslinge-2022/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I have some special Riesling glasses as well 

They are over 40 years old and I received them from a German wine merchant that introduced me to Riesling

HHMM ..40 years old ..I believe they´re a quiet good Sherry now 😂

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Especially along the middle Rhine and Mosel Rivers is where the major growers are. My favorites are the Mosel Spatelase wines and for a real treat an Auslese! My wife and I took a train and rode bikes on a self-made wine tasting tour from Cochem to Bernkastle. 😎

OH YEAH! Now we're talkin..Really talkin!

Always my favorite, my go to wine

@Zen Traveler Like you the Spatlase was (thinking of the vintage years, as each year is always a bit different) and is the finest art of the wine making realm. I have had Beerenauslese as well as Trokenbeerenauslese but as GOOD as they are, just a bit too sweet for my pallete. I was into wine tasting for a while (Moons ago) and once I found the Prädikatswein category, it was done. Nothing else would live up to these.

I want to share the glassware here, but alas I save this for later, as whilst I put my system back together, and move bits around, the safety of the collection is paramount. Currently have half of it packed into boxes and once things get settled into place, then I will unpack the glassware again. I spoke of the cabinets were the AR XA is homed, but did not mention the AR XA was displacing said packed glassware. Each week I get closer to the envisioned setup, and think it will come to fruition soon. Almost there now, waiting for two bookshelves to arrive that I built years (Decades) ago around my media collection. Then I shall move all the Tapes, vinyl, and CD's to their proper home, giving back to the gear the proper places they belong.

DEFINITELY not letting the Glassware be out around moving bookshelves and such.

I would like to see others collections of the glassware for those willing to share.

Love the topic, maybe worthy of it's own thread?

Tim

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was now another 1.5 years well packed in my store ...Yesterday was baptism ...Peter Pritchard's MI ADC 10E MKIV is on the modded SME 3009 in operation. Had purchased it from a collector , technically impeccable condition , the needle has assured max 20 operating hours , moreover I had purchased the ADC with an original replacement needle Astatic USA. This is still well packed in the store.

ADC10EMKIV1.thumb.jpg.6afee31496b1c15d085ba8632da8212c.jpg

Astatic.thumb.jpg.a7ff7e9efb1c56ab9d8baf14956c0e15.jpg

Among other things I still own an ADC XML MK III with JICO needle , a NoS XLM MK IV ( very very rare ) and a Sonus Gold Blue

Just imagine , the good man had bought it on 04.09.1972 , it actually sometime in the last 50 years just for fun a little play , forget and that's it. Actually incredible ... these collectors ...collect & collect & collect ..but do not hear or have collected so much that they lose track.

ADC10EMKIVTecSpecs.thumb.jpg.2427c94c0ae5cec8677ed371e26353c9.jpg

Now I'm the lucky one who can hear it . Initially it distorted in the Mids spectrum , ran unsteadily in the scan , pale timbres , little fundamental ...from bass spectrum no speech.

After a few corrections of the VTA, the Trackingforce ( 0.5 > 1.25 / 0.7 recommended ) with me currently 1.0 Antiskating, Azymuth and a whole night in the idle groove of the Clearaudio Break In Vinyls sounds today already quite different

clearaudiobreakInkleiner.thumb.jpg.06795e8754aec95e586c655c2b9dcf26.jpg

This crazy spatiality ..solved airiness of the action in the room..a stage structure at its best. Slightly dark timbre without losing resolution in brilliance & Hights, strong Mids&Groundtone down to the bass staging with attack , bounce & dynamics with an almost heavenly musical flow.

I'm impressed and amused , that's they way it should be

A low-flyer in the true sense of the word

SMEADC101.thumb.jpg.dd29502c895bd36be080b97600f3c6e1.jpg

SMEADC10E.thumb.jpg.3f885e4c71402c72ed0c11b69de6026f.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

It was now another 1.5 years well packed in my store ...Yesterday was baptism ...Peter Pritchard's MI ADC 10E MKIV is on the modded SME 3009 in operation. Had purchased it from a collector , technically impeccable condition , the needle has assured max 20 operating hours , moreover I had purchased the ADC with an original replacement needle Astatic USA. This is still well packed in the store.

ADC10EMKIV1.thumb.jpg.6afee31496b1c15d085ba8632da8212c.jpg

Astatic.thumb.jpg.a7ff7e9efb1c56ab9d8baf14956c0e15.jpg

Among other things I still own an ADC XML MK III with JICO needle , a NoS XLM MK IV ( very very rare ) and a Sonus Gold Blue

Just imagine , the good man had bought it on 04.09.1972 , it actually sometime in the last 50 years just for fun a little play , forget and that's it. Actually incredible ... these collectors ...collect & collect & collect ..but do not hear or have collected so much that they lose track.

ADC10EMKIVTecSpecs.thumb.jpg.2427c94c0ae5cec8677ed371e26353c9.jpg

Now I'm the lucky one who can hear it . Initially it distorted in the Mids spectrum , ran unsteadily in the scan , pale timbres , little fundamental ...from bass spectrum no speech.

After a few corrections of the VTA, the Trackingforce ( 0.5 > 1.25 / 0.7 recommended ) with me currently 1.0 Antiskating, Azymuth and a whole night in the idle groove of the Clearaudio Break In Vinyls sounds today already quite different

clearaudiobreakInkleiner.thumb.jpg.06795e8754aec95e586c655c2b9dcf26.jpg

This crazy spatiality ..solved airiness of the action in the room..a stage structure at its best. Slightly dark timbre without losing resolution in brilliance & Hights, strong Mids&Groundtone down to the bass staging with attack , bounce & dynamics with an almost heavenly musical flow.

I'm impressed and amused , that's they way it should be

A low-flyer in the true sense of the word

SMEADC101.thumb.jpg.dd29502c895bd36be080b97600f3c6e1.jpg

SMEADC10E.thumb.jpg.3f885e4c71402c72ed0c11b69de6026f.jpg

Awesome Pics @MicroMara

I sure hope I can get MA 530 MP Needle that clean.  It is going to be a chore though.  I do feel for you in the setup, VTA, AS, Azi, Zenith, but all worth it for sure.

I got Christmas today, the bearings have arrived :) I now have to remove tone arm from the table so as to properly get the install done. So lots of work ahead.

Running R2R in the background today.

• Like 4