Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ  Wondering the whole time why do you have a Furman Power Voltage Regulator in use, except using it for the record presentation.Had always asked me what the long extensions of the device were.  If you have strong power fluctuations, the integration of this module has a positive effect on the sound reproduction ?

I was looking for a surge protector for the first new stereo equipment that I had bought in thirty years! Thought if I protected my computer that I built myself that the stereo costing thousands more had to be protected. Everything is going through it and I have a massive current sucking cable from it to the socket. One place I bought my peripherals from had this one on sale and it promised to make things plugged into it magically better too.:D

Maybe at first a placebo effect happened that I noticed, not sure and don't care anymore. I can flip a single switch and cut power off to the whole rig when lightning is happening close to home! 

I was happy with the rig until I heard La Scalas, then sad. Then I got the sub and I've been content since.

If I happen to live very long and need to re-do the stereo again the speakers will have to be fully horn loaded or I won't do it at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

If I happen to live very long and need to re-do the stereo again the speakers will have to be fully horn loaded or I won't do it at all.

Would love to see it while you´re sitting in front of the LaScala5, fully horn loaded........😇

LaScala-Interior.thumb.jpg.56f9bad35fb53887e1e6aface2775ba1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

You just being mean now George. It was a pair of 1990s barely used that blew my socks off two years ago:o

You've heard this guy haven't you?

PXL-20201001-223307693.jpg

Last of what I played earlier, still like his sound after forty years I hear it twice or so a year. Jazz infused emotional funky.. I don't know what. Make out music back then a few times!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You just being mean now George. It was a pair of 1990s barely used that blew my socks off two years ago:o

You've heard this guy haven't you?

PXL-20201001-223307693.jpg

Last of what I played earlier, still like his sound after forty years I hear it twice or so a year. Jazz infused emotional funky.. I don't know what. Make out music back then a few times!

He had a big hit in europe in the 1980´s while I was a DJ with " Wild Horses " , jazzy, smooth and gentle ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You just being mean now George. :o

not kidding right now ....a friend of mine has those Horns from the german brand " ACAPELLA " , but instead of the middel passive subwoofer he operates two active bass subbs behind the horn construction Price ? ..over $ 50.000

Die verrücktesten Lautsprecher für HiFi- und Sound-Enthusiasten :: Bonedo

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

not kidding right now ....a friend of mine has those Horns from the german brand " ACAPELLA " , but instead of the middel passive subwoofer he operates two active bass subbs behind the horn construction Price ? ..over $ 50.000

Die verrücktesten Lautsprecher für HiFi- und Sound-Enthusiasten :: Bonedo

• Like 4

@dirtmudd..yeah you´re right , my fault , not the german hornspeaker brand "acapella" , it´s avantgarde acoustic from germany , I was looking for other hornspeakers and than discovered the pic in the web with the same horn speaker.Listening to them makes anyone speechless........

• Like 3

There is an audiophile enthusiast that lives reasonably close 

He has built a similar horn DIY system but way way more complex and has taken many months to complete 

Turning the huge timber horns on a lathe 

Building all the electronics and amps from scratch 

Suitable stands 

And a new audio room to house the system 

It’s amazing 😍 

Now I’m waiting for an invitation- fingers crossed 

2up1.jpg.9dfa38782434d8d90be64220943d8f6

• Like 4

On 10/1/2020 at 7:38 PM, Full Range said:

He has built a similar horn DIY system but way way more complex and has taken many months to complete 

Suitable stands 

It’s amazing 😍 

When did you visit my place ? Damn, son — 

• Haha 2

Here is a record that I’m sure no one has ( except tragic’s like me ) 

Its a promotional LP that has mainly Pan Flute music of old favourite standards e.g Beatles , some movie themes ect 

I liked the selection of tracks 

Artist - Compilation - Pan Flute Music 

Company - Toyota 

A65-CC5-F9-FBD8-4881-AE14-B396-E6-C36373

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Full Range said:

Suitable stands 

It’s amazing 😍 

UPPS ...seems to be an outstanding performance , I´m really impressed , and the amps in the back with 8 VU Meter .....can´t find the right words now ...UPPS 

Here is exactly the opposite two "Lowther Fullrange " chassis only..." The Kleinhorn Project "

the-kleinhorn.jpg.3857fc97fb57b89fb2849b2e36a4c10d.jpg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

UPPS ...seems to be an outstanding performance , I´m really impressed , and the amps in the back with 8 VU Meter .....can´t find the right words now ...UPPS 

Here is exactly the opposite two "Lowther" chassis only..." The Kleinhorn Project "

the-kleinhorn.jpg.3857fc97fb57b89fb2849b2e36a4c10d.jpg

• Like 3