Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

20 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Big paradigm shift here... Never realised Lola was about trans gender... 

Now I'm going to take a good listen to Clapton's Layla too... You never know what surprise is hidden in those lyrics. 

Another song in a provocative way - is Marvin Gaye - sexual healing ❤️🩹 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Consider this a confession of a 'guilty pleasure'...

Rondo' Veneziano (1980/81)

When I was about 12 years old, I convinced my parents to buy a 'stereo chain' and they invested in a formidable one of the Onkyo brand. I still have it in my house. 

At the time, in the shop they 'demo-ed' it with a record that is a bizarre mix of baroque and rock drums/rhythm. We got the record when we bought the stereo, so we listened to it a lot at our home. 

In the years that followed, I got to learn a lot more music of all genres (mostly classical and hard rock, when I was young, Jazz and blues and all the rest came to me in my adult life), and it's been a very long time since I listened to Rondo' Veneziano, because I considered it Kitsch with a capital.

So... this morning I put it on my turntable, after ignoring it for about 40 years! 

Very nostalgic moment, I must admit, and boy, this records sounds bright and shiny too! What a pleasant surprise!

Rondò Veneziano is an Italian chamber orchestra, specializing in Baroque music, playing original instruments, but incorporating a rock-style rhythm section of synthesizer, bass guitar and drums, led by Maestro Gian Piero Reverberi, who is also the principal composer of all of the original Rondò Veneziano pieces. The unusual addition of modern instruments, more suitable for jazz, combined with Reverberi's arrangements and original compositions, have resulted in lavish novel versions of classical works over the years. As a rule in their concert tours, the musicians, mostly women, add to the overall Baroque effect wearing Baroque-era attire and coiffures. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondò_Veneziano )

PSX_20211230_100747.jpg

This is from 2016, same musicians as in 1980s...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I mentioned in a earlier post about this artist - and now it’s time to listen to her silky smooth female voice 

Singing covers of Beatles songs in a jazz pop style 

Artist - Sarah Vaughan 

Title - Songs Of The Beatles 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/11399577-Sarah-Vaughan-Songs-Of-The-Beatles

C8-CD81-E6-0-E7-C-4-A36-9-A1-B-858-FE3-E

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I mentioned in a earlier post about this artist - and now it’s time to listen to her silky smooth female voice 

Singing covers of Beatles songs in a jazz pop style 

Artist - Sarah Vaughan 

Title - Songs Of The Beatles 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/11399577-Sarah-Vaughan-Songs-Of-The-Beatles

@Full Range ss vs tube ? what's your thoughts on the subject

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

@Full Range ss vs tube ? what's your thoughts on the subject

First thoughts are

Nothing beats good design in the first place 

If a design is lacking then both SS & Tube will not satisfy 

There is a place for both 

SS is best for high power needs, delivery speed and thrust applications most have a clinical sound signature, and low power A class designs can also be warm. 
But in general SS amps can be fatiguing after long periods of listening 

Tube is best for high efficiency systems, they have a sound signature that marries well with ones that a human body likes, that can be described as warm and pleasing 

And they are less fatiguing than SS amps 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Full Range saw the fireworks this morning from Syd's NYE display.  Just keeps getting better every year.

Also like to wish everyone in here a Happy New Year!  Be safe and keep spinnin!

Yes I saw the 🇦🇺Sydney NewYear fireworks on TV at midnight, and I agree simply stunning 

And may I also take this moment to wish all my forum friends a Happy and Prosperous New Year that is filled with great music and the pursuit of audio nirvana  🥂🍻

• Thanks 4

2022 - 01 - 01 
Let’s start the new year off with some classical variations and a lot of Prog, Rock and Jazz influences 

A few recognised artist contributed (see photo)

Artist - Andrew Lloyd Webber

Title - Variations

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1971920-Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-Variations

3-F07-DF61-95-FD-4-CB1-A540-CE7-D25-A80-

A9792864-AF62-40-FF-9-D0-A-CAA6-E72-FCFF

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

2022 - 01 - 01 
Let’s start the new year off with some classical variations and a lot of Prog, Rock and Jazz influences 

A few recognised artist contributed (see photo)

Artist - Andrew Lloyd Webber

Title - Variations

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1971920-Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-Variations

3-F07-DF61-95-FD-4-CB1-A540-CE7-D25-A80-

A9792864-AF62-40-FF-9-D0-A-CAA6-E72-FCFF

Yea... that´s been nice to listen to..I do remember

• Like 3